• 8 out of 10

3 33.33%
  • 9 out of 10

1 11.11%
  • 10 out of 10

1 11.11%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Album Club - Week 140: 08/04/2014: Nitin Sawhney – Human (2003)

I'm Curator.

Default Album Club - Week 140: 08/04/2014: Nitin Sawhney – Human (2003)

Paul (pjdowns) has chosen this week's album. Thanks a lot Paul.
    Please enter into the discussion if you wish to vote, and listen to the entire album before commenting.

Nitin Sawhney – Human (2003)

Grooveshark album - Human

I have chosen the album Human from 2003
    This is the sixth studio album from an English ‘Downtempo’ artist, Nitin Sawhney with standout tracks ‘Stay Alone’ and ‘Falling’.
    I was first introduced to Nitin Sawhney by a fellow Hifi fan and music lover and have been hooked ever since. I love the fusion of English and Indian sounds, powerful bass line and through provoking lyrics. ‘Human’ is probably not at the top of everyone’s list when talking about Nitin Sawhney, but I really like the way in which I can sit back and relax throughout the entire album.

You can find Nitin Sawhney’s Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitin_Sawhney
    His website is http://www.nitinsawhney.com
    Last edited by Album Club; 14-04-2014 at 22:38.

I'm ILOB.

I am looking forward to hearing this I not got this Nitin album as tend to lean towards the more fusion elements of east meets west music
    Last edited by John; 08-04-2014 at 16:08.
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm ILOB.

I enjoying this but feel like I will have to have a few listens before voting. The music and lyrics are reflective in nature. I even tempted to purchase this
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm Paul.

Go on John, you've got to buy it... Such a great album
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I'm going to skip this one Paul as I have tried in the past with NS but don't really get on with him.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm ILOB.

Gave it a 8

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I'm going to skip this one Paul as I have tried in the past with NS but don't really get on with him.
    Fair enough Tim, although before you write him off, I would certainly recommend a listen to Beyond Skin or this album Human as they are both excellent albums … especially if you are into deep and I mean cavernous bass
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

MartinT Guest

I have Beyond Skin featuring the fabulous Nadia, but I don't know this album. Will have a listen.

I'm Jon.

Default I have given this a 9 out of 10

Many thanks Paul.
    After listening to this twice it is pervading my consciousness. So much so I have just bought it!

I'm Paul.

Hi Jon,

Glad you like it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast