• 8 out of 10

3 33.33%
  • 9 out of 10

1 11.11%
  • 10 out of 10

1 11.11%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Album Club - Week 140: 08/04/2014: Nitin Sawhney – Human (2003)

I'm Mark.

I had never heard of Nitin Sawhney before so I was interested in listening to the album. There are a couple of tracks I really enjoyed, "Falling" and "Waiting" in particular. The other tracks might take a listen or two before I can issue a final opinion but I did enjoy the bass impact on many of the tracks. I don't think I'd purchase the album but I will save it to listen to another time to see if my opinion changes.

Right now I give it a 6 out of ten pending further review.
    Source Components: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC w/Ortofon 2MRed-Squeezebox Classic and Cubietruck running Android and LMS via Squeezeplayer App-Cambridge Audio Azur 940 Integrated Amp
    Speakers: Hawthorne Audio Duet Open Baffle
    Headphones and Associated Equipment: Beresford MKII DAC-Schiit Magni-MrSpeakers Mad Dog Pro

My Personal/Photography Blog - http://www.marksinderson.com

MartinT Guest

There is some good mood music in there but nothing that I would sit and listen to in concentration. 5/10 from me.

I'm Martin.

I listened a couple of times to this album but still cannot get into the Eastern mix type of music. Just not my thing so only 6 out of 10. Sorry Paul.

I'm Lawrence.

Have listened to this twice and am very taken with the variety of different styles, all very musical and well produced. Not a band I had ever heard of, but I am going to give this 8/10. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm paul.

Quiet liked this , I am not familiar with Nitin Sawhney but will take the time to listen to more ,
    6/10 from me
    Paul
    Truth is always new, totally unknown, and unknowable. The mind must come to it without any demand, without any knowledge,without any wish; it must be empty, completely naked. Then only truth may happen. But you cannot invite it.
    JK Hamburg 1956,Talk 4

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I have the first 9 of his physical CDs - last year's OneZero was originally digital download only, but I see it is now available on CD so will be rushing off to Amazon...

I will play it through a couple of times before voting, but a big fan of his work - good choice Paul.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12