All Emerson, Lake & Palmer {1970-1979}
    All Yes {1969-1980}
    All Van Der Graaf/Generator {1969-1977}
    All King Crimson {1969-1975}

Heavy Rock LP's:

All Deep Purple {1968-1975}
    All Black Sabbath {1970-1978}
    All Led Zeppelin {1969-1979}

Keeping all mi Beatles LP's, Keeping all mi Doors LP's, Keeping The Who 'Tommy', Keeping mi Cream LP's & the three Jimi Hendrix Experience LP's

That's it done.
    Might be a small collection, but a seriously mighty one. Lots of timeless stuff there would easily survive on this collection, well, Yes is a bit much for me.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Neil.

Oh and do I see an "80s" album in there?
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Andr'e.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Oh and do I see an "80s" album in there?
    More than one cos i made a mistake i have Genesis 'Duke' {'80} & 'Abacab' {'81}

but only cos they were part of the '76-82' Vinyl box set, however i do like 'Duke'

I'm Steve.

Ooooooo err matron
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I like a big full rack

I'm Steve.

I think the whole concept of hifi is of an age. Sadly of an age from which i decend/ascend. I have considered all of the debates discussed ad nausium over the years (male jewelry, penis envy et al) and my final word on the matter is that pride, the love and appreciation of engineering the search for the lost chord will all have their place in the que as to why people like to display their hifi as peacocks do with their feathers or warriers do with their weaponry or war paint. At this stage of history many of us are holding on to better times and still live on the high it has given us all these years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Ooooooo err matron

MartinT Guest

I hardly have anyone to display it to, and many who do come round couldn't care less about high quality music. It matters not, I like it and that's all that counts. Peacock behaviour is for the young who haven't discovered inner harmony

I'm Alan.

Steve I think you have some very valid points there, hi-fi being of an age.

Trouble with modern technology is they try to make everything too small, and for quality sound it just doesn't work.
    I'm so glad I have an appreciation for good sound.

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Ian.

Mine's for me to listen to music with. Don't care what it looks like but for convenience it's tucked away in a cupboard until it's in use. Apart from me little Neat motive 3's of course. That cupboard is handy. My very good wifey wouldn't know what's in there and certainly hasn't spotted the arrival of a Teddy PR1 a couple of months ago....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345