This is going to be a horrid thread.. sorry.. so non-audiophile and a bit scuzzy but here goes..

I have a new TV Stand that is too long to fit my Q35.2s at either end so i need some bookshelf speakers, probably DM601 S2s or similar even some Q15.2s?... I didn't have a Sub when I originally bought them so the missing bass from the "bookies" should be compensated for...

Problem is my budget. I was going to sell the Q35.2s to help fund my new speakers but they have slightly distorted drivers. It doesn't seem to affect the sound and they still sound way better then the Wharfedale 8.1s I attempted to replace them with but the driver issue will greatly reduce there re-sell value £20?.

So.... My plan now is to chop the bottoms off to effectively make a pair of Q15.2s.

Q15.2 are selling for about £100 inc. postage. If i can do it well enough.. what's the difference? If it works... I get speakers I need for free, with the option to upgrade properly later when finances are better.

Any thoughts/comments/criticisms or even.... advice on how to do it?

Please bare in mind, this is my 5.1 system and I like DDigital.. so don't tell me to sell everything and get a vintage classic

Cheers.