+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello Music or Audio fans

I'm Gijs-Jan.

Default Hello Music or Audio fans

Hi, Since I was young, listening to music was one of the things I liked best. Then at a certain point the self-build radio with an earpiece got replaced by a secondhand turntable, a converted stereo radio and home build speakers.
    One thing lead to another and I became more interested in better equipment. And after many trials I ended up having electrostatic speakers with active bass speakers (Solosound) and a rather good quality set of electronics to steer them. That was in the late 70's and the heart of the set was a way to expensive Denon turntable.
    Many years later I moved to Elipson speakers with better quality electronics. And of course like many others years later it was further upgraded to Tannoy's (first Turnberry's later Kensington's), the records were replaced by CD's and a very good CD player (Micromega stage 6) en the electronics became a set of high end class A Denon mono-blocks with pre-amp.
    And then I became aware I was always listening to equipment, not to music.
    So out went everything and I after a couple of trials I build a pair of very simple 2A3 mono-blocks using very good materials. Those two steer a set of Musical Affairs speakers (build like a music instrument with no filters or damping, just a full range speaker in a very nice housing). As a source I now use a Linn Majik DS and a windows home server.
    And I love to listen to music again. My music collection covers almost everything, but my main joy is Jazz and Singer Songwriter.

But although music comes first, I can’t lose the habit of being interested in other (tube) equipment. And that is how I ended up on this forum, because I saw a Vadis S15 OTL.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Gijs-Jan.

Great introduction; we would love to see some pictures of your amplifier and speakers, they sound very interesting.

Enjoy the forum
    Last edited by Barry; 05-06-2014 at 08:26.
    Barry

I'm David.

Hi Gijs-Jan welcome to AoS

I'm Geoff.

Hello Gijs-Jan and welcome.

Sounds like an interesting system you have put together. Have you got some pictures to share?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread