+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discoveries . . hell yeah!

Default Discoveries . . hell yeah!

I confess. I’m not comprehending why there aren’t more inquiries about my product here. The greatest benefit to be had is by conventional box speaker owners and isn’t Britain the home of these? Don’t think me condescending, I listen with British speaks myself, Meridian M20’s to be exact. I also own Acoustat Model Three electrostatic speakers for a reference. Would it help if you had commentary about the benefit? Is it hard to believe that what I make can make such a difference?

For the science taking place, visit Stereomojo.com (how my product relates- scroll down til you see it) or articles about time/phase available on the web by John Dunlavy or David Ralph. For customer comments, there are a multitude online . . one right here under Artists Palette, for example; on Stereo.net.au under Speakers and Subwoofers/Protecting Time and Phase; on Audio Circle under Industry Talk/diffractionbegone results. There is also a review forthcoming in the May issue of a publication you will recognize but I am prohibited from naming. And I freaking custom fit, machine press for perfect symmetry, and sell with a money back guarantee.

This is a tiny investment, a guaranteed tiny investment, that will unlock your recordings and what your system is capable of delivering to your brain. Quiet as it’s kept, that’s what processes what gets to our hearts.

I have been approached by an international retailer to feature my wee my product. I will do this in concert with when the aforementioned review comes out. I will be raising my price; you can be assured (wouldn’t you?). I invite you to try my product on your speakers and see if what I’m saying isn’t true while it’s available at the forum price (it's removable, by the way). You can thank me later. And I dare say you will. Fuller’s ESB is my pleasure.

All the best, mates, always.

Yours truly,

jim goulding
    www.diffractionbegone.com
    Hear your music, not your speakers

I'm Huey.

Jim

Visted your site to see if I could order a pair for my Adagio, however not sure how you configure your product, do you need the model number so that you can cut the required dimensions?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hi Jim,
    How much for a set for my pair of B&W P5's? PM if you wish.

How about these Jim, if its possible let me have a quote please.
    I have a feeling that a lot of people who might be interested are worried about the visual aspect of these as i take it you cant use the covers with these in place ?

Is there a choice of colours

Regards, John.

Gents- Thank you for your inquiries. I have been running amok of late. Will get back to your individual inquiries here in a short while. Thanks, Marco, for ringing my bell. Cheers.

Shuggz- I have a template for your Adagio's. They would come out closer to the edge than what you see in my avatar. Fine speaker, IMO.

Ali- Couldn't find your model speaker in the B&W site. Can you direct me to a view?

Thruno- Covers could be returned were I to cut to the inside dimensions of the cover itself. Should a cover have a frame, I would consider these essential. They are 3/8" or 1/4" in thickness. The latter is for covers, specifically, that are very near the baffle surface.

I will dye them black for the price of quality dye and the gas to go get it- $7.00US. The price for a set is $55.95 plus $7.50US for shipping and handling. They come with a 30 day unconditional guarantee.

So, you guys know about diffraction. Here is a quote from physicist and speaker designer Dr. Earl Geddes:

"Most people think of diffraction as simply having a small effect on the frequency response, but that is incorrect. Because diffraction is time delayed from the original sound it can be highly audible even if it only has a small measureable effect. The ear masks well in frequency but very poorly in time. In fact, there is a lot of evidence to say that diffraction audiblity increase with SPL - think about the implications of that!"

And here is a link to an animated illustration of diffraction in action:

http://www.silcom.com/~aludwig/images/diffdem.gif

You can probably imagine what you will be hearing when those green and red lines are removed. Feel free to send me a PM or reply in the topic. Cheers.
    Last edited by jimdgoulding; 02-10-2008 at 01:44.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Jim's product is AMAZING! You really won't believe your ears when you try the baffle covers, the midrange and upper bass improvement is particularly noteworthy and there comes a cohesion to the sound, a completeness if you like. The results that everyone achieves will vary, but there will be an improvement.

If there isn't I'll buy a hat and then eat it - video will be on youtube.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hi Jim,
    They were discontinued a few years ago now.Found this from B&W archive-

http://assets.bowers-wilkins.com/med...e_l2_w0_h0.pdf

If you need more info let me know.

That's perfect, Ali, and those are excellent candidates. Wanna give it a shot?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I'd like to yes.Could you provide a price including postage please?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast