+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: How good is a fully upgraded Technics SL-1210mk2 compared to other high end TT?

I'm Chris.

I have long wondered how good a fully modified 1210 is. Now I know My 1210M5G is now completed and the newly bought DL-103R is also run in and the Oyaide MJ-12/ BR-One is in full effect.

I had my father over for a demo yesterday. He has been a hifi enthusiast all his life. He said that my system had so much synergy that it might be the best he has ever heard.

If someone say that a fully modified 1210 misses involvement or PRaT, the something is very wrong. My system is SO dynamic, tight, airy and full of involvement that I now don't have any desire for another deck. I don´t even have desire to upgrade my fully modified KAB arm. I think I have just the right amount of fluid in the KAB Damper, too. I have experimented alot with the amount of fluid and now it is just right in my setup..

My ProAc Response D25 is so fast, tight, deep and open and I totally understand why ProAc is such a sought after speaker.

Yesterday I bought to new LPs. Jazz at the Pawnshop and the last album from Royksopp feat. Robyn. Fantastic Now I'm waiting for my first 45 RPM LP (Hugh Masekela "Hope").

I want to thank many in here for guiding and tips, espesially you Marco. I can now consentrate on listening to music, with my toes tapping and with a big smile on my face
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ChrisKemp; 02-07-2014 at 08:45.

Turntable 1: Technics SL1210M5G/ KAB PSU/ KAB Fluid Damper
    Turntable 2: Rega P3 (new) Tangospinner & dual belt/ Rega Neo
    Amplifier: Rega Elex-R
    RIAA: Rega Fono mk3 & Schiit Mani
    Speaker: Klipsch RP280f
    Cartridge: Rega Exact & Nagaoka MP-110

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKemp View Post
    I have long wondered how good a fully modified 1210 is. Now I know My 1210M5G is now completed
    Well you say that now........

I thought I was more or less finished - then the Isonoes feet, Tecniboots, FR arm and the MN platter.
    Now the MN bearing has taken my interest........
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Well you say that now........

I thought I was more or less finished - then the Isonoes feet, Tecniboots, FR arm and the MN platter.
    Now the MN bearing has taken my interest........
    Hehe, yes I know what you mean I have the MN Bearing and the Isonoe. I will order the TecniBoots shortly, but they are cheap. But I have no desire to change anything right now. In the future, different thing. My cartridge after the Denon DL-103R might be a London Decca Super Gold, but I´m speaking two years minimum.

I'm Tony.

Chris, 'Hope' is one fantastic record, Stimela being the standout but the whole record is just bleeding brilliant.

I'm Mike.

Hehe, yes I know what you mean I have the MN Bearing and the Isonoe. I will order the TecniBoots shortly, but they are cheap. But I have no desire to change anything right now. In the future, different thing. My cartridge after the Denon DL-103R might be a London Decca Super Gold, but I´m speaking two years minimum.
    The Techniboots are stupid value for money. Go buy some right away
    I barely believed what I heard when I put them on
    They do make the deck look 'clumpy' but who cares if more music comes through !

I shall be trying Isonoes and the 'boots on other kit
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Chris, 'Hope' is one fantastic record, Stimela being the standout but the whole record is just bleeding brilliant.
    Great to hear! I can't wait to listen to it

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Received the 200g, 45 rpm today and listened to Stimela. By far the best I've ever heard and my number one demo album. It blows the CD version by a good margin, too!

I'm Tony.

Received the 200g, 45 rpm today and listened to Stimela. By far the best I've ever heard and my number one demo album. It blows the CD version by a good margin, too!
    Top stuff Chris, enjoy it

There was a guy on one of the forums (might have been here) who claimed that Masekela was basically rubbish and the Hope was crap after I had posted about how good it was.

BTW, Nomali is fantastic too.

I'm Andrew.

How's the 1210 upgrade path going. Did you get the ETP?

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsanalogue View Post
    How's the 1210 upgrade path going. Did you get the ETP?
    No, I have not yet made up my mind about the ETP platter. The price of the ETP is making me wonder if I should upgrade to a better phono stage instead?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast