+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 1200

I'm Tony.

Fantastic!

Really really fantastic, thanks for sharing.

Tony

I'm Manuel.

RobbieGong
    This will surely give a 'different' presentation, maybe more expansive but that's purely a guess obviously.
    The valued sound is very very opened, the low ones are exceptional, rapid, dry and full of details. The sound is very musical and rich in detail.

Andrei

In one on the photos you have put the chassis upside down and covered it with a black material. What material is that? Is it for damping?
    Yes, it is a material of similar characteristics that the DINAMAT calls Amortson
    for more info
    http://www.audiophonics.fr/pinta-amo...x5-p-5186.html

Regards

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by mafrega View Post
    Yes, it is a material of similar characteristics that the DINAMAT calls Amortson
    for more info
    http://www.audiophonics.fr/pinta-amo...x5-p-5186.html
    Regards
    Ah yes! I thought that might be the case. I have put Dynamat in my Technics SL1200 as well. But I have mainly put it around the Bearing.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Jim.

What a fantastic project! Congratulations!

Hi,
    I am a good friend of Manuelīs although we live at opposite ends of Spain. In fact it was from an email conversation with him that the idea of using a 1200 as a replacement cropped up after his sickening experience with his Denon original - he had only had the plinth made for the Denon a few weeks before the speed control went kaput - at least with a 1200 he will never have trouble finding parts !
    If any members want more detailed explanations, I can do the translating.
    I think the rod sticking out of the bottom of the motor housing is meant to work as a sort of drain for vibrations but he hasnīt implemented it yet.

Chris.
    Last edited by Chris; 27-03-2014 at 23:20.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12