+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 1200

I'm Manuel.

Default My 1200

Hello to all.

First to ask for excuses them for my English, I use a translator on line and hope that I am understood.

I have been reading The Thechipedia in a lot of time, I have been learning of you the different mods that they do 1200 and want to give them thanks to you for whom reading the things that they make have decided to modify 1200 MKII that I buy of the second hand. I want to share it with you

After enough work and to think some solutions to the problems that have arisen, this one is the final result of my project.

Always I have wanted to have a plate with two arms, one for MM and other one for MC

I hope that you like

Regards

I'm Mike.

Like that plinth !
    How does it sound ?
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Andrei.

Manuel
    This is very interesting. The Techiepedia is where you belong! I like very much what you have done. It is different from many of the modifications that have been done by members here, and I like that. I particularly like the plinth and the buttons for:
    On-off.
    Start stop.
    Speed.

I hope you can get some help with translating. This is because I would like to know how you did this. I am sure other members will be very interested as well.
    Also please tell us what other equipment you have. Maybe you can post some more photos.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Manuel.

Ok

Thank you for your comments
    I will try to explain since I have realized the process

Since it sounds?. Well, the sound that I perceive is very very opened, with great detail and the bass they are extraordinary, dry and rapid, full of detail. I cannot compare with others 1200 modified or not, but if I can say that this turtable sounds much better than my Heybrook TT2.

I'm Robert.

Hi Manuel, You are to be commended on your approach. Love the buttons and ther plinth is very interesting. Is the original rubber plinth still attahced / concealed ? There are a number of people here who would welcome the option of a wooden plinth minus the stock rubber one attached, although it doesnt look easy to do at all. Two arms is impressive. Do you have an external power supply ? Can only imagine what an upgrade platter like the Mike New ETP would bring to the table (no pun intended) and his bearing if you dont have one.

I'm Kevin.

Is that a PU7 you have mounted on the deck?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Manuel.

Yes, it is a PU7, one great arm in my opinion and a great work that of Johnnie.
    The capsule is a Goldring Elite retipping for another great craftsman who is Peter Ledermann de Sound Smith.
    Another arm is one Linn Basik with a capsule A&R P77.

I'm Manuel.

Hello

I will try to explain with photos instead of words.

The plinth has not been done specially for 1200, a few years ago order it to do for a Denon DP 59L, but this one broke down without solution.

Then I have a very well constructed plinth but without use
    After reading Thechipedia, I thought that maybe out good idea to try to put 1200 in the plinth. I started thinking about it, after seeing several options thought that the best form was this.
    Probably be them more radical but also it is the only one that was allowing me to put two arms

Well, I have tried that with some photos meets the whole process

Regards

I'm Andrei.

Wow! Thank you for all the photos.
    In one on the photos you have put the chassis upside down and covered it with a black material. What material is that? Is it for damping?
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Robert.

This is amazing. It is the first time I've seen a 12XX housed in a plinth without it's thick rubber base. This will surely give a 'different' presentation, maybe more expansive but that's purely a guess obviously.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast