+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson DEAD

I'm Neil.

I don't know what to say.....I can't quite believe it. I not a fan as such but the guy had talent and produced some amazing music.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I admired him as an amazing dancer (at his peak, arguably the best the world has ever seen, IMO, taking inspiration from the likes of the great Fred Astaire and James Brown). I did enjoy some of his music, certainly he was an idol of mine in the 80s, during my teens.

Haven't played much of his music though for a long time. But I agree, there will be millions of "sappy tributes" from all over the world. I am very sad to see him go, though

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Default 750 million albums sold worldwide...

Regardless of whether you're a fan or not, you can't argue with the figures. He was the most successful artist of all time.

Rest in peace, Michael. God bless.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm ILOB.

This is really sad I was not a fan but there is no doubt he had talent and brought pleasure to many millions of people
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Nick.

Blimey. It's so sad. The end of an era. definitely an amazing showman, dancer, songwriter - in his glory years. What a shock
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Default Rest in peace Michael

I had one of the first satellite systems in the UK and was amazed to find a music video channel MTV. Within minutes Michael Jackson's Thriller appeared. This video change the world of pop music forever.

Click here to see the full 13 minute version.

The world is a poorer place. Rest in peace Michael.

Dave

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Very sad, but his musical legacy will live on...

MJ's music was a HUGE part of the eighties audio scene. Quincy Jones knew how to manipulate the rust and digits to get a great sound IMO...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Thumbs up A small tribute to the King of Pop

Music aside, as an out-and-out live entertainer, Michael Jackson was second none - unquestionably *THE* best, IMO.

I was fortunate to see him perform live in Glasgow in 1992 as part of the 'Dangerous' tour, and it was a quite incredible experience. I've been to many live gigs throughout the years, but that one was up there with the most special. 'Billie Jean' was an iconic song for me as idol of him in the 80s - it holds special memories for me during one of the happiest times of my life as a then teenager, and the video was a true classic, much as was of course the quite spectacular 'Thriller'.

His dance moves during that gig in 1992, when he was still at his peak, almost defied gravity; the special effects were out of this world, and the way he could hold an audience in sheer rapture, completely mesmerised by his phenomenal dancing talent, and feeding off of their energy and passion to drive him on to even greater heights, was a joy to behold... I was privileged to witness it.

'Superstar', much like 'celebrity', is a word that is much diluted and devalued these days, but he certainly deserved the title of 'superstar'. He was the last genuinely great pop icon of the 21st century and the world of music and entertainment is undoubtedly a poorer place without him.

My heart goes out to all of his family, particularly his father, who must be suffering the most incredible grief, knowing deep down inside that he played a significant part in the damaged goods and psychological and physical wreck that in the end was his son, the late, and great, Michael Jackson...

Today I'll be playing all of his best hits from 'Off the Wall', 'Thriller', 'Bad' and 'Dangerous', as a tribute to undoubtedly one of the finest performers the world has ever seen.

Long live the King of Pop!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Shaun.

RIP Wacko. I loved some of your music. It meant so much to so many.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

hi all,
    what ever you thought of michael jackson you have to acknowledge his talents and what a talent he was!!!
    i hope he will be remembered for what he gave to the music world and not for his failings in his personal life.
    RIP MJ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast