+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MCRU No.5 Mains Lead Wins Hi-Fi Choice Mini Test

I'm David.

Default MCRU No.5 Mains Lead Wins Hi-Fi Choice Mini Test

It always pleases me when I get recognition from professionals, this time it's Neville Roberts from Hi-Fi Choice.
    He conducted a mains cable mini review in this months magazine, out of the 4 cables on test mine came out
    on top and was awarded 5 stars and a recommended badge, 2 big brands were amongst the 4 and one of those
    was possibly the biggest name in mains cables dating back to the 1970's, the MCRU No.5 triumphed over all the others.

Here is the review of my cable, the other 3 are printed in the magazine of course! The MCRU No.5 is £165 click on image!

Last edited by MCRU; 07-03-2014 at 17:34.

I'm Gary.

well done mate.

I'm Paul.

Top Man...well done, Dave

I'm Mike.

5 stars for a number 5

Great stuff
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Andy.

l have the no.7 power lead and l have to say it is world class for the Wonga.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    l have the no.7 power lead and l have to say it is world class for the Wonga.
    thx man

+ Reply to Thread