+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting There....

I'm Neil.

Default Getting There....

Hi Guys

A few shots taken yesterday that I think are interesting....

All photos copyright of Argent Image.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm ChrisB.

Neil,
    Don't tell me you've been listening to the Beach Boys as well.............every time I looked behind me this morning when I was riding the ironing board, I never got a view like that! What kind of wax do you use?

The first three are brilliant, and really interesting. Thanks for letting us see them.

Where were you going and on what?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Neil,
    Don't tell me you've been listening to the Beach Boys as well.............every time I looked behind me this morning when I was riding the ironing board, I never got a view like that! What kind of wax do you use?

The first three are brilliant, and really interesting. Thanks for letting us see them.

Where were you going and on what?

A very big, very fast ferry. My camera hanging out the back...snapping for all it was worth. I took lots of photos of the wake. Water shot out at speed is amazing.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    A very big, very fast ferry. My camera hanging out the back...snapping for all it was worth. I took lots of photos of the wake. Water shot out at speed is amazing.

Regards D S D L
    When I was a kid I lived in Zambia - my old man worked on the Kariba Dam project. We used to get the day off school to go & see this when they opened the gates............

A neighbour once managed to get 8 shots off between the first trickle appearing at the gate & the moment when it hit the surface of the river 128 metres below - no auto-wind involved!

There's a lake that's over over 140 miles long and up to 20 miles in wide behind that dam - & it's all trying to get through that one hole!!!!.

The lake is 2,150 square miles with a storage capacity of 44.4 cubic miles of water!!!!!

Mind boggling
    Last edited by The Grand Wazoo; 24-06-2009 at 22:42.

I'm Nick.

Wow. Brilliant pics Neil. The water looks like glass and the foam looks like snow... Wow!!

Glad you had a good trip!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    Wow. Brilliant pics Neil. The water looks like glass and the foam looks like snow... Wow!!

Glad you had a good trip!
    thanks Nick

Having trained as an artist (I tend to look at the world through an artistic filter)I thought it was maybe time that I put that training back into use. I saw both sculptural, textural and colour elements in the sea and foam plenty of movement as well....I felt inspired.

Wow is exactly what I thought too....years of sitting on ferries and never looking outside

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread