+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Long time lurker....

I'm Timothy.

Default Long time lurker....

Decided to finally come aboard, have enjoyed many of the posts on Croft gear etc., and also just hearing about other peoples systems.

My system is currently in a state of flux right now due to one of those purchases that throws a wrench into things, and may be a bit of a long term "works in progress" type of thing. I have always loved Shahinian speakers, mainly the Obelisk, but could never find the right pair used, or really come up with the funds to purchase a new pair. But a fine demo pair of Ob 2's came along last year and I bought them knowing I did not have a system in place that would do them justice. Hence long term project.

Currently I have a Plinius 8200 integrated running the Obs and am using my Naim Uniti1 as a source into them at the moment. A bit hamstrung, but it actually works very well. As always, looking to optomize said system in the future. Maybe a Well Tempered/Dynavector analog rig?

Other bits that I have and play with are a pair of Larsen Model 4 speakers which I absolutely love, a small form, wall placement speaker that plays well above what its diminutive size would have you believe possible. It is one of a very few wall boundary speakers that I have heard that does seem to push the wall behind them away and provides a very spacial listening experience, real music without just the "hi-fi" tricks. A modern take on Sonab/Carlsson designs of the past. I cannot say enough about these little transducers!

I also have a pair of Linn Kan 2's/stands that I am very fond of and can not seem to sell on, they just are a fun speaker to have around for those occasions when you just want something different, yet conveys the music well, warts and all.

A Naim Nap-100 that sees use as well, sometime in conjunction with the Uniti1 and Larsens or Kans, frees up the Uniti a bit with off-loading the amp section to the Nap.

I listen to all types of music, more interested in rock, jazz, alternative stuff for the most part though. But most any music is better than no music!

Tim

I'm ILOB.

Nice intro Tim I not heard your speakers but hope you can get the system to where you want it.
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm David.

Hi Tim, welcome to AOS. Hope you enjoy your stay

I'm martin.

Howdy and welcome to fun world of AoS.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Timothy.

Thanks all, guess I forgot to say "Hello" in my first message, so, hello! I should have registered a long time ago, but now is as good as any, looking forward to more time here and hope that I will have some things to add, and I am sure many things to learn-even if I have been around the hobby for a long time. Tim

+ Reply to Thread