Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: jelco 750D kick off!

I'm Ragnar.

Thank you both
    Speakers: Sonus Faber Extrema
    Pre: Cary SLP-03
    DAC: Arcam irDAC
    Power: Krell KSA 300s
    Sources: SB Touch, Theta Jade, Technics SL1210 mk2 (KAB/Cardas/Funk Firm/Isonoe)
    Cartridge: Ortofon Cadenza Blue, 2M Bronze, Denon DL 103
    RIAA: ASR Mini Basis mk2

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    Barry,
    Thanks for posting that link, Im glad that's cleared the alignment mystery up in easy to read lay mans terms

Alan
    +1. A lot of it beyond me but still beneficial.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Neil.

Mint Tractor best option for your arm. when ordering tell Yip which turntable you are using it on + length of arm 9in or longer. Each tractor specific to arm and turntable, so you can't use it with another combination.

http://mintlp.com/best.htm

Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Barry,
    Thanks for posting that link, Im glad that's cleared the alignment mystery up in easy to read lay mans terms

Alan
    Your sarcasm is noted - however the whole subject of tonearm geometry is quite complicated and therefore implies a fair amount of mathematics. Because of that, most people are happy to use the alignment protractor supplied by the manufacturer, but if it is not available then one has to either calculate the two null-point radii, or try to use a commercial protractor. Most commercial protractors are set up for the Baerwald geometry, which if your arm has a different geometry makes it difficult (but not impossible) to achieve.
    Barry

I'm Alan.

Barry I was only joking, actually I did read it all and it was very interesting but a little over my head TBH

I use the HIFI news ARR protractor with pin holes at nul points taken from the Tonearm data base alignment protractor calculator where you can switch between Stephenson Lofgren A & B , Jelco 750L / Ortofon Kontrapunkt B
    http://www.vinylengine.com/tonearm_a...ulator_pro.php

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I suspected that might be the case, but I was worried that I might have been less than successful in trying to make a difficult subject accessible and understandable to the lay-reader.

Love the avatar by the way: Revox PR99?
    Barry

I'm Andrei.

Default Jelco 750EB

I see in the latest Hi-Fi Choice that Electrocompaniet has made its first turntable: It is fitted with the Jelco 750EB which is the 10 inch version of the 750D loved by techie owners. They aspire to the high-end and the turntable called the ECG-1 retails for £2890. So I guess this is quite a compliment to Jelco and an affirmation to all us Jelco owners.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Alan.

Barry
    Yes the avavter is my Revox PR99 Mk2, nice R2R

I agree the Jelco is a fine arm and a good price, I thought the Shuggie mounting was worthwhile as well
    I have also just replaced the arm lead from the mogarmi one with a silver job from ebay and I thought that was cleaner as well

I think the heavy counter weight is well over priced though so I just used 2 Stainless Steel washers superglued together and them blue tacked onto the original counter weight.

Here is my Jelco 750L on Garrard 401 and Ortofon Kontrapunkt B

Garrard by 337alant, on Flickr

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Andy.

Barry
    Yes the avavter is my Revox PR99 Mk2, nice R2R

I agree the Jelco is a fine arm and a good price, I thought the Shuggie mounting was worthwhile as well
    I have also just replaced the arm lead from the mogarmi one with a silver job from ebay and I thought that was cleaner as well

I think the heavy counter weight is well over priced though so I just used 2 Stainless Steel washers superglued together and them blue tacked onto the original counter weight.

Here is my Jelco 750L on Garrard 401 and Ortofon Kontrapunkt B

Garrard by 337alant, on Flickr

Alan

Very nice Alan!
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Ragnar.

I've joined the Jelco club a couple of weeks ago. I'v bougth a 750D ungraded with Cardas pure silver wire. It's a terriffic tonearm and a nice upgrade compared to a standard tonearm upgraded with fluid damper and Cardas wiring. The difference is not night and day, but I think the Jelco is a bit better in every way. The next upgrade will be a low slung counterweigth from Speedy.Steve and a magnesium headshell.
    Speakers: Sonus Faber Extrema
    Pre: Cary SLP-03
    DAC: Arcam irDAC
    Power: Krell KSA 300s
    Sources: SB Touch, Theta Jade, Technics SL1210 mk2 (KAB/Cardas/Funk Firm/Isonoe)
    Cartridge: Ortofon Cadenza Blue, 2M Bronze, Denon DL 103
    RIAA: ASR Mini Basis mk2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123