+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The all new mini 1 from amptastic

I'm jon.

Default The all new mini 1 from amptastic

Not as good as the original mini t . dont know what they have done but its disappointing .I know these are nt powerful amps but really do i need to be at nearly half volume all the time ? If you have speakers of 86db/1w do not bother with this amp .Its all well to have the so called extra clarity but theres no point if the amp wont deliver it ,sensitive speakers of at a minimum 93db/1w ONLY Unfortunately not a stroke of genius and a 2 month wait

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Did you use the original with same speakers you have now?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm jon.

i have tried the same speakers on both amps and ran a side by side test as well with both amps at the same volume .The difference is like chalk and cheese

I'm gone.

Hmm.

I have a Mini-1 here for review and my experience is very different.
    It's a fine successor to the Mini-T, in my system, that improves significantly on its bass performance.
    Last edited by jandl100; 21-02-2014 at 22:46.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

A reactive load perhaps?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm jon.

Then why is my amp so gutless with the same speakers i cant fathom it ?

I'm jon.

reactive load ??

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Varying impedance with frequency, meaning the amp can be presented with a relatively hard load to drive despite a reasonably good sensitivity figure.

I've found amps of these type don't like such.

Hunter S Thompson

synsei Guest

Careful speaker matching is essential with these amps as I have discovered recently and your experience suggests that the new Mini One is playing by a different set of rules to those of the Mini-T, it's just a matter of finding the synergy sweet-spot between speakers and amp

I'm gone.

I suspect Dave may be right - the Mini 1 works very well with both my pairs of speakers, but maybe it reacts in different ways than the Mini-T did to some speakers.
    I've done a 1st cut of my Hifi Pig Mini-1 review - but I need to revise it as it comes across as ludicrously enthusiastic!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast