+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: My journey to the temple of boom

I'm Andrew.

Better light better picture.

I'm Andrew.

The Quad arrived looking like this.

Through a process of paint removal and replacement...

...it now looks like this.

Not one for the traditionalists I'm afraid. Internals next and that's just Dada.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Gigiddy gigiddy!
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Found a nice box to build a passive pre in. Very industrial forged aluminum with a screw on base.

One end solid and one with an opening I have fashioned a plate for to mount sockets on.

I'm Andrew.

So. Thinking can often lead a body astray but sometimes it all works out fine.

Fane Sovereign 12" full range drivers arrived following a brainstorm and then I baffled them.

Early reports are very good. Fantastic imaging and plenty of bass although obviously I'm not going to be throwing a rave anytime soon. I already planned for ribbon tweeters and that is a must.

I'm Grant.

Look good. Never built open baffles before. I've a set of fane 8" just finished. Nice sound. ..Well done and look forward to the tweeter s
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Funky looking box
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Look good. Never built open baffles before. I've a set of fane 8" just finished. Nice sound. ..Well done and look forward to the tweeter s
    Thanks Grant. Looked in on your thread earlier and noticed your Fane project, quality work. I really cannot fault these drivers at the price.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Funky looking box
    Tis rather cool isn't it?

I'm Andrew.

One simple xover knocked up and tweeters borrowed from the Leaks later...

Bit of a lash up for now but it confirms my confidence in this concept. Nice new tweeters to follow asap.
    Last edited by agk; 25-08-2015 at 09:38.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast