+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anybody tried an AT95E with a shibata stylus?

I'm jamie.

ive used the HE and its much better than the stock stylus,the SA is better still but not alot of difference from the HE,best bang for your money is the HE.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Kevin.

It's been a while since I thought about buying the Shibata stylus for the AT95E and I have finally got round to it.
    It arrived yesterday without having attracted any unwanted attention on it's journey through customs etc. so remains a reasonable purchase.

I have to say it's a pleasant surprise. It's a big upgrade for anyone with the AT95E.
    I wanted something I could swap quickly from the AT95E for a listening session when the nieces and nephews are staying here on holiday. It means I don't have to worry about them getting inquisitive with my MC cartridges.

Sure, it's not as good as some of my other cartridges, but it is superb value for money for the performance that is on offer.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Ive got the shibata on my at95.. Its very good indeed. The he is decent too, and for the cost at time i did it, the he was better value although not as good as a shibata. It does show however, just how good the at95 is, which is surprising considering its very modest price
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

I have been happily listening to it in my system for a few hours now.
    It does seem to be very good. I only wish that the stylus had come with a guard.
    I am planning on using the AT95 one, but it would not have been difficult/expensive to supply one.
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

Yes, the standard at95e guard fits fine.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Hugo.

It would be genuinely interesting to know how a Shibata equipped AT95 compares to Audio Technica's own Shibata tipped AT150SA which has a rather fine overall specification and ought to be a great deal better in every respect. The AT150SA is not outlandishly priced and does IMO sit at or near the pinnacle of MM cartridges available today, irrespective of cost.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I have to say it's a pleasant surprise. It's a big upgrade for anyone with the AT95E.
    Excellent Kevin, a good 'safety' move by the sound of it.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    It would be genuinely interesting to know how a Shibata equipped AT95 compares to Audio Technica's own Shibata tipped AT150SA which has a rather fine overall specification and ought to be a great deal better in every respect. The AT150SA is not outlandishly priced and does IMO sit at or near the pinnacle of MM cartridges available today, irrespective of cost.
    It would be interesting to know, as the AT150SA is almost double the price.
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Excellent Kevin, a good 'safety' move by the sound of it.

Still not cheap, as the shibata for it is about 120£ or was when i got it from the states
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    It would be interesting to know, as the AT150SA is almost double the price.
    Yes, but the AT150SA is still a reasonably priced cartridge by any standard, so the increment is perhaps not so great in £ terms.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast