+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anybody tried an AT95E with a shibata stylus?

I'm Kevin.

Default Has anybody tried an AT95E with a shibata stylus?

If so, what did you think of it?
    Reviews I have read have suggested that it is 10 times better than an AT95E, but I am interested in real world experiences.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Dave.

I thought it was only 9.5 times better.

synsei Guest

I ran an AT95 with an LPGear Hyper-elliptical on a Thorens TD316/Linn LVX combo for a while and the HE stylus transformed the performance of the AT95. Better resolution (one should expect this), better PRaT, wider, deeper soundstage and better imaging over the standard stylus, I liked it a lot. Never tried the Shibata though...

I'm Kevin.

Thanks for the response.
    Are there any cartridges you have used that you could compare the performance/sound of the HE with?
    Kevin

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Thanks for the response.
    Are there any cartridges you have used that you could compare the performance/sound of the HE with?
    Not with the TD316 Kevin, however just before I sold my SL1210 I was running a Goldring G820 on my SME Ssries III and it was the best sounding cart of the three I ran on that combo by a country mile, the other two carts being a rare Goldring G900IGC and a Denon DL160. To be fair to the Denon though an MC cart in an ultra-low mass arm isn't exactly a match made in heaven...

I'm Walter.

An Audio Technica AT 144 cartridge would be less hassle than jiggering what has to be an analogue best buy. They can be found every where.

I'm Kevin.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I just had a look for one in Europe and I could not find one?
    Kevin

I'm Kevin.

I'm thinking of buying the Thakker supplied Jico SA stylus this month.
    The LP gear will attract import duty, and it's probably the same stylus.
    Kevin

I'm Alan.

CageyH

i have bought the LP Gear and it was a pleasant surprise (if you prefer this style of posting, amazing, night and early morning etc). well worth it.

Do not surmise too much. It's a great ego boost to be right but mine did not require any payment other than VAT. Maybe they heard I do not use AoS very much now and were treating me. Of course if they find you are a heavy AoS user you may get stung for the import tax too.

Delivery was speedy.

Best of luck

I'm Grant.

its an expensive stylus but i want to try one i have to say. been on my wish list for a while now
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast