+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Has anybody tried an AT95E with a shibata stylus?

I'm Kevin.

It's a wooden body on my AT95 fitted with the LP gear AT95SA stylus.
    You have to remove the screw holding the generator assembly to the plastic mount, transfer the generator across into the wooden body, where it is a push fit.

It's not as good as my EPC-U205 in the midrange, but it is very pleasant.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Not tried a wood body. Is it easy to fit, or do you need skills? Lol
    Grant,

I think you would quite like the results.
    It is worth trying if you have some spare cash. It sounds pretty good to my ears.
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Grant,

I think you would quite like the results.
    It is worth trying if you have some spare cash. It sounds pretty good to my ears.
    Found a spare at95 body i can try with, in case i cock up. May buy one for trying. Would look good under my hs4 carbon shell
    Thanks
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

danilo Guest

Bought an AT95VL (LPGear.com's vividline tip)
    Cheap, works well.. surprisingly so actually.
    Bettering any and All Shures and Grados in my collection. Not a big claim though as those were/are mehhh carts .
    Did mount My AT using double sided Foam glaziers' tape.
    Which made a small but audible improvement over screw mounting it

I'm Nigel.

I see they do a paratrace version as well. Presumably by ESCO?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-95P-Para...%257Ciid%253A1

What VTF are you guys using? 2.0?

I'm Kevin.

Yes, 2.0g VTF.

The paratrace version looks interesting.
    Kevin

I'm Kevin.

I fitted my AT95SA last week as the family were coming to help tile the terrace. This includes three inquisitive nieces, so I figured I could quickly swap the stylus just before they arrived, and if I wanted to or had time to listen to music, I could put the Shibata back on.

I have to say that I am in no hurry to change it back for an MC cartridge right now. Sure, it is not as good as the AT33PTG/II, the Hana SL or the upgraded Denon DL-103, but it is really not that far off.

The sound of this in the wooden body is lovely. It has good tight bass, nice midrange and the treble does not shriek at you, but sounds just right. A lovely balanced sound. It has lovely detail from the Shibata stylus and the boogie factor of the AT95.

I think this will stay on for a while longer....
    Kevin

I'm Grant.

Not yet tried a wood body but agree the sa makes a huge diffference to the cart. I always quite liked the humble at, but with the sa on its not so humble. Really quite refined, yet punches out the music with rhythm.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345