+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evening all.

I'm Andrew.

Default Evening all.

Its like Alcoholics Anonymous isn't it? My name is Andrew and I am addicted to hifi.

For over twenty five years I've been using products by brands including Quad, Pioneer, Technics, Denon, Sansui, Nad, Yamaha, Mordaunt Short, Leak, Wharfedale, Celestion, Mission, Cyrus...
    Well you get the idea.
    I've spent a fair amount of that time buggering around inside many of these boxes, sometimes to good effect.
    I believe that cables make a difference but not with spending silly money on them, quality is the key. To that end I use some odd stuff I was given by a Chubb alarm installerfor my speaker cables.

Current setup is Pioneer PDS-703, Sony TA-FA30ES, Tannoy E11

I currently reside near Wisbech in Cambridgeshire.

I prefer meat to veg, Ale to lager and rock to reggae.

Music tastes too broad to really define but I will say again that I don't like reggae.

Oh and I'm a Chelsea fan.

That's it I think!

I'm James.

Good to see you here Andrew You might find it slower paced compared to "the other place" but don't let that put you off... Quality over quantity eh ?

Thats a nice amp you've got

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Its like Alcoholics Anonymous isn't it? My name is Andrew and I am addicted to hifi.

For over twenty five years I've been using products by brands including Quad, Pioneer, Technics, Denon, Sansui, Nad, Yamaha, Mordaunt Short, Leak, Wharfedale, Celestion, Mission, Cyrus...
    Well you get the idea.
    I've spent a fair amount of that time buggering around inside many of these boxes, sometimes to good effect.
    I believe that cables make a difference but not with spending silly money on them, quality is the key. To that end I use some odd stuff I was given by a Chubb alarm installerfor my speaker cables.

Current setup is Pioneer PDS-703, Sony TA-FA30ES, Tannoy E11

I currently reside near Wisbech in Cambridgeshire.

I prefer meat to veg, Ale to lager and rock to reggae.

Music tastes too broad to really define but I will say again that I don't like reggae.

Oh and I'm a Chelsea fan.

That's it I think!
    Hi Andrew, Welcome on board. Btw, There's reggae and then there's reggae a bit like there's rock and then there's rock - trust me on that

MartinT Guest

Hello Andrew and welcome to AoS. The only thing hi-fi damages is your wallet so dive in and enjoy.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Hello Andrew and welcome to AoS. The only thing hi-fi damages is your wallet so dive in and enjoy.
    aint that the truth Martin! (Possibly ya lug 'oles too if ya dont know ya tone deaf and ya system sounds pants )

MartinT Guest

What else is money for?

I'm martin.

Howdy and welcome Andrew, this is only the beginning, the slippery slope of AoS beckons.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Andrew.

I take we can assume you like to listen to Don Van Vleit (aka Captain Beefheart)?

Alarm wire eh? Can't imagine that is particularly heavy in gauge. But then, "whatever works".
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Yes it is a bit like AA except that we come here to get worse instead of to quit.

Welcome from me.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andy.

Welcome aboard Andrew, nicely balanced system you have there.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast