+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hifi aligned North to South, East to West ?

I'm Michael.

Default Quality Power Supply

All else is irrelevant if you don't have 'fresh electricity' in your mains. Fresh electric is only available in the far North of Scotland. It is all to do with the way the electrons are 'birthed' up here. Your Hi-Fi doesn't run to it's full potential if your electric isn't fresh!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
    All else is irrelevant if you don't have 'fresh electricity' in your mains. Fresh electric is only available in the far North of Scotland. It is all to do with the way the electrons are 'birthed' up here. Your Hi-Fi doesn't run to it's full potential if your electric isn't fresh!
    Is it organic ?
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Feng Shui?

I'd better not say what I think.
    Oh go on, it might accelerate your chi and get your yin and yang geared up.

I'm Michael.

No, it's the way the electrons are 'birthed.' You see ours up here are birthed from the wind and the sea so they are 'fresh'. As they are 'fresh' they're happier. Because of this our Hi-Fi's are more dynamic sounding with more added 'Prat' The effect doesn't only apply to Hi-Fi. Washing is whiter up here too!

I'm Dave.

You also need to build your demo room on a slope with the speakers at the lowest end of the room. This ensures a smooth and even flow of electrons from source to speakers.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    You also need to build your demo room on a slope with the speakers at the lowest end of the room. This ensures a smooth and even flow of electrons from source to speakers.
    But that invokes Partridge's Law as Charing Cross is already in play
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm joe.

I had our house rotated so that the hifi was North-South aligned. The previous East-West alignment was audibly worse.

I'm Marc.

Everyone knows dogs can hear above 20kHz so the fact that: http://www.livescience.com/42317-dog...tic-lines.html clearly demonstrates that correctly aligning your hi-fi will have a dramatic and positive impact on the top end.

I'm Clive.

Don't know about speakers facing North-South or East-West. I always understood you had to face the speakers to Mecca, Jerusalem or Rome depending on your orientation.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm openingabottleofwine.

All of you are wrong - one's listening room needs to be aligned along a lay line, as do all the signal cables. If you can't manage this then the Qi can be redirected to flow properly with the judicious placement of crystals in the listening room.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12