+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Audiovalve Assistent Amplifiers - any experience?

I'm Peter.

Default Audiovalve Assistent Amplifiers - any experience?

All,

Given the wide range of experience on this site, I was wondering whether anybody here has any experience of the German Audiovalve amplifier range, specifically the Assistent 20? They seem to have a good rep in Germany but is there anything to watch out for?

Picture and specs here: http://www.audiovalve.de/assi/assie.html. I find the look rather engaging if a bit oddball.

I am looking into options to put a valve amp in my set up between my Whest phono amp and a Bastani-type speaker set, as a stand-alone vinyl system.

I might be able to try one before having to buy but before risking a hernia lugging it home, I thought I should ask here if there is any cause or just impediment...

Thanks in advance

Peter

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kember View Post
    All,

Given the wide range of experience on this site, I was wondering whether anybody here has any experience of the German Audiovalve amplifier range, specifically the Assistent 20? They seem to have a good rep in Germany but is there anything to watch out for?

Picture and specs here: http://www.audiovalve.de/assi/assie.html. I find the look rather engaging if a bit oddball.

I am looking into options to put a valve amp in my set up between my Whest phono amp and a Bastani-type speaker set, as a stand-alone vinyl system.

I might be able to try one before having to buy but before risking a hernia lugging it home, I thought I should ask here if there is any cause or just impediment...

Thanks in advance

Peter
    Assistant 30 now no longer make 20!

+ Reply to Thread