+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free cartridge upgrade...... it works plus Jelco 750 alignment info

I'm Neal.

Ali, you may want to try this protractor generator from Conrad Hoffman: http://www.conradhoffman.com/chsw.htm

Works under Windows, all you need is your pivot to spindle distance and selection of groove radius, as you have a Jelco the recommendation is to use DIN and probably LofgrenA but I doubt there's a huge amount of difference between that and Stevenson / IEC

VinylEngine thread where I found it: http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable...p?f=19&t=16849

Ah! no external linking, this is the thread title: My new alignment template generator
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Cheers Neal, I'll take a look.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alex.

I'm now using a Stephenson alignment on my Jelco/Oyaide/Benz micro Ace SM. Baerwald wasn't achievable without a rubber washer, and then only just... I think the inner alignment position was still fractionally out. With Stephenson alignment, the washer wasn't necessary albeit that the cartridge was still as far forward as it can practically be.

It is working well though, and I think it sounds better without the washer when the modulation peaks.

Regards,
    Alex
    Technics SL1210| Jelco SA-750| Benz Micro ACE SM MC| Squeezebox Touch/MCRU linear PSU | Cambridge Audio 851C | High Resolution Music Streamer II+ / Linestreamer+ | Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ / Max2Play | Conrad-Johnson ET3 Control Amplifier| Conrad-Johnson LP125sa KT120 Power Amplifier| Avalon NP Evo 2.0 Speakers| Cardas Audio Quadlink-5C Speaker Cables and Interconnects| Finite Elemente Pagode Signature E-14 equipment support

I'm Michael.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123