+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: So, tell us about your user name..............

I'm Steve.

Alex, that is where I got mine from! couldn't be arsed thinking of another and it stuck...
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    Alex, that is where I got mine from! couldn't be arsed thinking of another and it stuck...
    That's it! That makes me feel better
    Eddie

Spendor S5e
    AVI LSI
    Musical Fidelity A5 CDP
    B-DAC 7520

I'm Jerry.

Mine is from a series of books called The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. So far 8 books written and two to go. A bit like Lord of the Rings in its setting except the main character has leprosy and is despised by people around him.
    About 1.2 million words so far and I have read it three times so I must like it.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxus View Post
    My user name... Goes back a while... Actually, I prolly got it when I first tried to set up an e-mail account. You know how that works, you keep dialing in user names and the thing only spits back at you the name's taken ....
    Yup, that's my story too.

Setting up email when I first went on to the internet .... JANDL - Jerry & Lindsey (the missus ) ... damn thing wouldn't take JANDL .... so after several tries I finally ended up at JANDL100 ... and I've used that as my username everywhere on t'internet ever since. Much easier than having to remember a different name for each site!

.... see, I tol' youse I was a boring old fart.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    .... see, I tol' youse I was a boring old fart.
    You ain't the only one, I just don't go around telling people that. Who knows, maybe some of them won't notice
    Eddie

Spendor S5e
    AVI LSI
    Musical Fidelity A5 CDP
    B-DAC 7520

I'm Rob.

Well mine goes back years, surf the hifi forums and ebay and you'll see freefallrob, it's me.

My name is Rob, and while i'll was trying to think of the rest of it I swivelled around on my chair and saw a book called 'Freefalling', the rest is history.

P.s I liked those pictures of the young lady earlier, can someone point me in the right direction.?

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by freefallrob View Post
    P.s I liked those pictures of the young lady earlier, can someone point me in the right direction.?
    North America, the West, she's wearing a bit too much make up for me, and I don't like the dead bird hat, but each to their own. Oh, hang on a minute - not THAT far back...

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showp...2&postcount=20

Sorry, It's Friday, the sun's shining, and only four hours to wine!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Rob.

Simply, my middle name. An inherited whim of generations past.
    Which, I have found, is usually conveniently acceptable when selecting "user names" across the board.
    John

Analogue: Nottingham Interspace deck/arm, Ortofon Rondo Bronze, Icon Audio PS1.2 MC, Weston Acoustics Tribute PP int. amp., Tannoy C15s.
    SS: Marantz 5 disc CC4300, Cambridge Audio AZUR DacMagic, Nakamichi IA-1 int. amp., Tannoy MG12s.
    Mixed bag cables/interconnects.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by freefallrob View Post
    Well mine goes back years, surf the hifi forums and ebay and you'll see freefallrob, it's me.

My name is Rob, and while i'll was trying to think of the rest of it I swivelled around on my chair and saw a book called 'Freefalling', the rest is history.

Sorry NO. If I did I would have to exterminate you.....

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast