+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: So, tell us about your user name..............

I'm Conrad.

Default "Uncle Connie"

"Uncle Connie." Well, I'm neither an uncle nor do I permit friends to address me as 'Connie' on penalty of my taking America's idiotically loose firearms laws to heart....

But many years ago there was a restaurant I frequented at times, named "Uncle Susie's." They were cheap, open round the clock, and served as a good-enough spot for a late supper at 2 a.m., followed by breakfast at 6 a.m., in the days when I worked the so-called graveyard shift. And somewhere along the line a conversation arose about the disjoint sexuality of the restaurant's name, and in the same discussion I chimed in with not liking it when people nicknamed me 'Connie,' and it was suggested that 'Uncle Connie' might just solve any confusion, and I adopted it more for the fun of the silliness than for any real interest in having it.

Of course, considering that I still have a couple of the friends who were in on the genesis, it follows that I also still have the silly nickname....

I'm Jeffrey.

My username, "canuckaudioguy" is about as generic as you can get!

It doesn't mean a whole lot. I picked it because I initially signed up to the forums at canuckaudiomart, and so I just replaced mart with guy.. clever huh? The only meaning it has is that "canuck" = Canadian, because that is where I reside.

I'm rupert.

mine is totally random but I later found out that the R100 was a British made Airship which I thought was quite appealing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R100

I'm Mike.

Well, my nick has stayed with me most of my internet life and you needn't be Sherlock Holmes to figure out the connection!
    I still have one GTV (an 2.0, -84) in my posession but i doubt it will ever be driven again... :/

This was an enjoyable drive though:

Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV 1970

I'm rupert.

my Mom had a similar one (2 L version I think) in silver. Isn't it called Giulietta ? Unfortunately, her's was one of the infamous series that rusted in no time. If I remember correctly it was taken off the road within a couple of years because of the rust. What a shame, it had a lovely growly Alfa sound. Even nowadays, it is a head turner

Then she went on to the GTV Alfetta and so on. Since I was a boy I can only remember her driving Alfa's.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by r100 View Post
    mine is totally random but I later found out that the R100 was a British made Airship which I thought was quite appealing.
    It's also a very decent MC cart and an interesting Japanese movie!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm rupert.

Last edited by r100; 13-03-2016 at 18:11.

I'm Neil.

Just a silly play on how people put "se" after surnames as nicknames like "Spearsy", " Crippsy" etc.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Colin.

Born with it and now stuck with it was thinking of changing to "Idiot of Trust" but took that in the 1980s.

I'm Jo.

Mine from ancient union and fruit-pickery~

'Now some may call him Ragamuffin,
    Rambler, Alley Sloper.
    Vagrant, Scatterling , Ne'er Do Well.
    Vagabond, Landloper,
    Stroller, Wanderer, Rover,
    Scruffy 'Erbert, Vicious Sid,
    But the folks round here just know him
    As The Dancing Did.'
    Last edited by Landloper; 15-05-2016 at 14:52. Reason: typo

+ Reply to Thread