+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: So, tell us about your user name..............

I'm James.

Guitarrero. Cool name. Your guitars look pretty good on your website too. My eldest son has just done his grade three guitar. His guitar doesn't look as good as yours do though.

I'm Simon.

dancing bear as in Simon Smith and his Amazing... Pretty obvious really!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingbear View Post
    dancing bear as in Simon Smith and his Amazing... Pretty obvious really!
    and here was me thinking you were a happy Gers supporter
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Remco.

I don't believe in surround (no offence) I have been making stereophotos since I was a kid, and I own a stereocamera right now, and of course (?) a 3D television I believe that with stereoreproduction the holographic information of three dimensional information is best reproduced. No distortion by other sources of information. Apart from that, it is more enjoyable to me (to everyone his/her own taste of course ) Oh: and I'm addicted to music! I got a little transistorradio from my grandpa when I was young and listened to it in bed until my parents took the radio from me. Later I got a clockradio, and after that I bought my first set. My first serious listening started in my 20's with my first serious set. It was around my 30's that I started to become addicted to music, listening every spare hour. Today I have to moderate to keep the neighbours friendly.
    Last edited by Stereoholic; 29-04-2015 at 22:15.

I'm Dirk.

Hi,

my username derives from a character appearing in the 1969 published parody named 'Bored Of The Rings'.
    The german translation was done by Margaret Carroux, who translated a few years earlier the 'Lord Of The Rings' by J.R.R. Tolkien.
    In the parody Bromosel represents the original Boromir.

Cheers,
    Dirk

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Bromosel sounds like some form of medication used to prevent premature ejaculation!
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Bromosel sounds like some form of medication used to prevent premature ejaculation!
    No use to me then
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gordon.

I'm new here but my username comes from the name of our house, kind of. Just in a different language.

I'm George.

In my 50's I rebuilt a Renault 5 GT Turbo , it was running around 250 BHP & got stopped by the law one night. Their comment "we thought you were a boyracer" my reply "no oldboyracer". At the ripe old age of 63 I replaced the 5 with a Subaru Imprezza WRX STI - a Jap import running around 310 HP. On relating my clash with the law one night over a beer with the lads they admitted that they didn't expect an old fart like me to be driving a fire breather & agreed I was definitely an oldboyracer - it's stuck ever since.

I'm Geoff.

There's a motoring related thread in 'Abstract Chat', should you want to give us any stories:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...838#post616838
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast