+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: So, tell us about your user name..............

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by lonergan2468 View Post
    ERM....its my surname.....
    minus the 2468..of course.....
    Tim

I'm Al.

Default Me ALRAINBOW

My name is simple it's the name of my parent company. Rainbow electric co inc. And my name is AL.

Imam going to post my new listening room. The title will be
    From the beginning.

A fitting name is the room is completely gutted top to bottom . I will be posting pics soon .

Al

I'm Jordan.

Default Same old same old

Well I won't lie . . . my user name is what I use for everything haha!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Jordan,

Judging from the link contained in your above signature, I suspect you require a trade account? Please PM me for details before contributing further

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andrew.

Mine is easy, 'allthingsanalogue' as I love Vinyl, Tape, reel to reel!

I'm Peter.

Default ljubomir

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I certainly think it should be a sticky somewhere.

I'm often intrigued as to the stories behind people's user names - and there's nearly always a story behind every one.
    So, why don't you tell us about the origin of the name you've chosen to be identified with on the Art of Sound?

Your enormously self-depricating starter for ten:

The Grand Wazoo - The Big Arse...............also the name of one of my favourite Frank Zappa albums.
    Its my old mans name,He was a yugoslavian.My great grandad assassinated the Prince of Montenegro,strange but true.I have the blood of an assassin running through my veins,which it was running through my speaker cables.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ljubomir View Post
    .I have the blood of an assassin running through my veins.
    Must be murder!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoffrey.

I've been a bird lover since childhood, the Eagle owl is a magnificent bird of prey.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/forprofession...eagleowls.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MbgmOLTLhk

I'm Andre.

MrAcoustat - - - I started in audio pretty late ( 1969 ) before that i was busy with bikers in 1969 i changed my life around and got married for the first 15 years it was ALL boxes to name a few - Snell - Proac - Altec Lansing - Celestion - Kef - Totem - and many different models of each in 1984 heard a pair of Acoustat and since then i have NEVER looked back.

Life without Acoustat is possible BUT senseless
    Chord CPM-2600 integrated amplifier
    Chord One cd player
    Acoustat 1+1 speakers
    Keep it simple system
    Life without Acoustat is possible BUT i would never dare

I'm Paul.

Not much to tell really. It's an anagram of my real name, Ickswert, an ancient Briton term for 'ale swiller' or 'piss head'. Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast