+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: So, tell us about your user name..............

I'm Shane.

What's to tell? It's my name and I'm stuck with it, although now there's another one here I should perhaps be more inventive.

Why Shane? Nothing to do with Alan Ladd, thank you very much (the movie came out six months after I was born) and everything to do with the Red Hand of Ulster, although I'm not sure I should be especially proud of that either.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Mine's boring - DS & J.R, or D, S, & J, R - take your pick, or not as the case may be
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Steve.

Mine is simply what the aliens called me when they kicked me off the mothership...
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker View Post

Quite possibly not REM, but I'm sticking to my version of events .

Andy - SDDW
    Whether 'Sand Dancing Donkey Walker' is a Bowdlerisation of his true username or not, reminds me of the former occupation of a fellow work collegue.

His previous work was in the poultry business, specifically he was involved in the artificial insemination of turkeys. In fact his job was to extract the source material - a sort of semen extraction facilitator. No easy task as you can imagine; turkeys are big birds and don't take kindly to enforced onanism!

This was in the days of the old black UK passport, which required a description of ones profession. I always meant to ask him if under 'Profession', he had entered 'Turkey Wanker'!

Barry

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post
    Whether 'Sand Dancing Donkey Walker' is a Bowdlerisation of his true username or not, reminds me of the former occupation of a fellow work collegue.

His previous work was in the poultry business, specifically he was involved in the artificial insemination of turkeys. In fact his job was to extract the source material - a sort of semen extraction facilitator. No easy task as you can imagine; turkeys are big birds and don't take kindly to enforced onanism!

This was in the days of the old black UK passport, which required a description of ones profession. I always meant to ask him if under 'Profession', he had entered 'Turkey Wanker'!

Barry
    Hehehe,
    Reminds me of a story about the daughter of a landed gent I used to work for, who apparently answered the phone one day & said, "No, Daddy's not in at the moment, he's out in the Park, making the cows pregnant".

I'm Andy.

Hi Barry

There is no link from my forum mane to my real one, Andy Robertson. It was just a great insult.

There are no emissions or ammendments in translation either, though having thought about it I may have mis-heard the insult, though probably best to stay with the more polite version I think

Andy - SDDW
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm MYLES.

A drunken night of love(I know it was drunken, my old man was involved), followed 8-9 months later by another drunken night where my parents decided on Myles. Not Miles, no that would be too easy. It HAD to be MYLES, with a Y, like some poncey yank. Still not used to it, even after 36 years on Gods green earth........

I'm Lee.

I shall call you 'Mills' then

Me, well, webby is just an extension of my surname. Simple.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm MYLES.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    I shall call you 'Mills' then

Me, well, webby is just an extension of my surname. Simple.
    I swear some guy in work really thinks I'm called Mills. I get it in emails, 'polite conversation' etc. Too easy just to leave it, I can't be bothered with the conversation where he tells me he knew all along.....

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

hi all,
    no prizes for guessing mine i am afraid, Anthony is of course my first name, and TD are the initials of my company which is Tube Distinctions.
    regards,anthony,TD...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast