+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: So, tell us about your user name..............

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I think I'll go and alter it to 'Daphne Droopy Drawers'......just 'cos I can and I feel like it!

Tee hee...

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Modified Goldpoint SA4M-47 passive preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I think I'll go and alter it to 'Daphne Droopy Drawers'......just 'cos I can and I feel like it!

Tee hee...

Marco.

To much time on your Hands Marco here i'll help you out and change the avatar.

D S D L
    Regards Neil

Hehehehe... Nice one!

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Modified Goldpoint SA4M-47 passive preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm Neil.

Regards Daphne
    Regards Neil

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by REM View Post
    Hi Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by REM View Post

You sure you didn't mishear him, I mean it was 'walker' he said....

Cheers

Quite possibly not REM, but I'm sticking to my version of events .

Andy - SDDW
    Andy - SDDW

Lead Tutor - Electrical HV/LV Training and Authorisation

I'm Steve.

Default So what IS the 'long story' behind Twelvebears?

It is not, in fact, because I'm am distantly related to famous tribe of Native American Indians.

No, it comes simply from something that friend of a friend said once which has stuck for some reason. However the explainantion as to what caused them to say it is the first place is the long(ish) story.

Several years ago when my 1st marriage ended (now considering No.3, that's and even LONGER story) when I was in my late 20's, I felt the need to get a quite sizable tattoo on my left shoulder and immediately (i.e. straight after having it done) went out for post-work beers with a mate. While at the pub, the girl who is responsible for my name spotted the fresh tattoo, asked briefly about it and that was that, except that....

She bumped into me the following week and noticed that I had another fresh tattoo on the OTHER shoulder. This cause slightly more amusement but not as much as when we ran into each other a further two weeks later and she discovered from my mate that I'd now had another huge tattoo done right across my back which joined the first two up.

It was at this point that she declaired that I was "as mad as twelve bears" and for some reason, it's stuck ever since.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV vis MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Herbie's mat and record clamp. SB Touch via NAD M2 Direct Digital amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey, Steve, somehow I feel all the richer for knowing that now...

Ta!

Marco.

My system:

I'm Neil.

Frankly I am disappointed ......

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

You felt the plot lacked pathos?

Marco.

My system:

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You felt the plot lacked pathos?

Marco.
    No...I just thought of Twelve Bears as a noble native American, and pictured him thus when reading his posts.

Regards D S D L
    Last edited by Dalek Supreme D L; 17-06-2009 at 15:36.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast