+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: So, tell us about your user name..............

I'm Daniel.

Default AmsterDan

Name: Daniel. Dan for short.
    Birth Place: Amsterdam
    Nick name: AmsterDan

There were two other Dan's working at my first job in Canada, making three in total. After lots of confusion and the wrong Dan looking over when called, they decided to call me AmsterDan as it was short, easy and fool proof.

I'm Andrew.

My name comes from an old car project which was an engine conversion using a modified 3.5 litre engine(260bhp) from a BMW '88 E34 535 putting it into an '89 E30 325 touring.

Nice project but makes for a boring name

I'm Chad.

Default OSSIDIAN

Ossidian was the code name used to describe a character in the book The Green Berets: The Amazing Story of the U.S. Army's Elite Special Forces Unit by author Robin Moore.
    Ossidian was CSM of the 5th Special Forces at Fort Bragg. Those of us who were fortunate enough to have known him honor him in our day to day activities.
    Last edited by ossidian; 30-05-2017 at 18:18.

I'm Russell.

I have in recent years gotten into repairing and hot rodding electric guitars and basses. So, in an effort to name the company I used my Mother's first name, "Alpha", after all it's an unusual name, and the GT stood for Guitar Tech. While I have never actually gotten a business license and do all my work under the table, which isn't much really, the AlphaGT has stuck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm mickael.

at first it was slabadabada on other fora, but I couldn't spell it myself so I shortened it to slaba.
    Came from a movie and a song that popped in my head when ì was looking for a name

ʇɐɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝʌᴉl ʇ,uɐɔ 's,pƆ ʎɯ uo sǝpᴉs q ou

Main: Custom L75 "La Plancha", AudioCraft AC300, Ortofon MC3000 AnaMighty EAR 834P - PTP5 Schick 12" Cala 103.3 on HA1000 - pre AI Modulus 3A Audio Synthesis Passion - DAX2se - ARC VT60/Quad 909 - Virgo 2
    Office: L78 Mayware Formula IV Ortofon MC10 super - Kenwood KT1100 - Acoustic Masterpiece AM-201or A&R A60 - Rogers LS3/5a
    Workshop: Chromecast - Meridian 563 Dac - Audio Synthesis Passion - Quad 306 or 606ii - Spendor BC1

I'm Max.

Lightbulb maxerlin

My name is Max. So, no big deal. The real issue here is that I love the charachter Merlin, Gandalf, and all sorts of magicians, both in fantasy as in the real world - yes, there have been true Magus throughout history.
    So Maxerlin is a nice contraption of Max & Merlin

I'm Tony.

Hi all,
    Mine comes from a joke name used by family after I got in the middle of a fight between my car and a tree, trying to avoid a lump of metalwork that had come off a vehicle in the middle lane of the M6 back in Sept 2000. The results of which are now immortalised in the Medical journals :-) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12009226
    I spent 4 weeks (missed the whole 2000 Olympics) in a medically-induced coma and further two in intensive care getting the very best care from the very fine NHS (a service I would defend to the last), I found myself without any left leg to speak of. Like many hip-disarticulation patients I subsequently found crutches the best form of mobility, and this has had a predictable impact on my upper body development
    Having now lost my main hobby of Shotokan Karate, I learned to play drums as an effective form of rehabilitation and inflicted that on my neighbours for the next couple of years. Since then I go through cycles of my various interests since childhood, namely, Astronomy (Astroimaging to be precise), Origami, Cooking and.......Music. Onward and upwards!
    Tony
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

glad to hear you came out the other side Tony. Great to see your made of the right stuff
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Thanks Grant!
    Seems like a lifetime ago now. :-)
    T
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Grant.

We don't develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast