+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good day eh...from Mississauga Canada

I'm Jeff.

Default Good day eh...from Mississauga Canada

A Google search for a defunct forum brought me here. And it seems I joined back in 2012. Just reactivated my account.
    Been a lover of music since seeing The Beatles on Ed Sullivan and watching their Saturday morning cartoons. They will always be my #1.
    In the early to mid 70's I became obsessed with prog rock and the blues along with classic stuff like Hendrix, The Who, Cream, Stones, Zeppelin, Sabbath, etc.
    I then got into jazz rock & fusion starting with Brand X, Return To Forever and Mahavishnu Orchestra.
    I always love a good pop song, especially power pop...The Raspberries, Big Star, Badfinger, Cheap Trick, etc.
    I also like to mellow out with some folk, singer/songwriter and female vocals...Joni, Eva Cassidy, Laura Nyro, Gordon Lightfoot
    Listing my favorites would be exhaustive, but here are some favorites that have stood the test of time...
    The Moody Blues, Genesis, Yes, Nektar, Grobschnitt, PFM, Mike Oldfield, Barclay James Harvest, Camel, Pink Floyd, Ten Years After, Rory Gallagher, Santana, Porcupine Tree, Dire Straits, Gordon Giltrap, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rush, anything on the ECM, CTI, and Blue Note labels.

I'm Grant.

Welcome again Jeff. Hope you hang around this time
    Good opening post and we share a lot of artists and genres.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hi Jeff. Welcome again to AOS.

Join in the chat, you'll find every body is friendly.

Many of us share your music likes. Tell us what equipment you use in your system.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

I'm in 2 minds about ECM it has some great albums like Garbarak with the Hilliard Ensemble then you get some really boring Scandinavian type jazz I wouldn't impose on shoppers at Aldi.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm Alan.

Hi Jeff welcome. A great list of artists.

Music is an even more important part of mine and my wife's life now.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I'm in 2 minds about ECM it has some great albums like Garbarak with the Hilliard Ensemble then you get some really boring Scandinavian type jazz I wouldn't impose on shoppers at Aldi.

Welcome to the forum!
    But ECM also has Pat Metheney, if they played that at Aldi I might shop there Welcome to AoS Jeff.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Lawrence.

Whereas I'd still shop there in spite of them playing him

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Whereas I'd still shop there in spite of them playing him
    So you're not a "Meth Head" then.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread