+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grado comfies modification penny alternative.

I'm Joe.

Cool Grado comfies modification penny alternative.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to show my design for comfies using a laser cutter to remove part;

I find them really comfy as the central part is now softer, but also more open sounding. The thicker foam helps too. Original was solid fill in the middle. I plan on making more with the circles cut. Perhaps just the outers in order to reduce direct high frequencies and allow just the bass, will have to try in increments.
    Joe L

I'm gone.

I've a pair of Grado 325i which I enjoy listening to a lot, once the treble has been tamed a bit - bloody uncumfy after a while though.

My mod to make them (much) more cumfy was to invest £58 () in a pair of earcups designed for the £1k+ Grado GS1000 series - these don't touch the ear anywhere and can be worn for hours with pleasure .. and they greatly enhance the sq, too!

Cheaper alternatives (£5 in this instance) like these can be had and are a worthwhile improvement on the stock Grado earpads.

Here's a pic of all 3 sets - original, £5ers and the full monty actually attached.

+ Reply to Thread