+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from glorious Devon

I'm Bill.

Default Hello from glorious Devon

After many hours looking through posts on the forum, I've finally got around to joining. I have just recently got my old hi if kit out of storage (luckily it does't seem to have got too damp out in the stable for the last couple of years), and got some of it going again.

Practically all of my current kit I've had since the early 80's - Rega 3, Rega Brio amp, Heybrook HB2 speakers, Arcam CD player (I seem to remember that this has a fault, but have not yet got around to looking at it).

We listen to all sorts of music, and I'm planning to use the Rega amp and Heybrook HB2 speakers, as the basis of a kitchen sound system via an Ipad Air and a second hand Airport Express, playing Spotify and internet radio. I've already got this set-up and it really doesn't sound too bad. Following advice from the forum, I'm expecting to add a Bushmaster DAC soon (have already had a chat on the phone with Stanley).

I would like some advice on positioning the kitchen speakers (will have to be high on the wall, which complicates matters) - but will post these questions as soon as I have posting rights on the forum.

Looking forward to some interesting discussions.

Cheers

Bill

I'm Shane.

Is this the same pair of HB2s that popped up on the WD forum a week or so ago? Didn't realise you were a fellow Devonian!
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Bill.

Hello Shane

Yes, the very same - we're in North Devon, near South Molton and Barnstaple. Are you close?

I'm Shane.

Newton Ferrers, down in the deep south!
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Paul.

Welcome Bill and nice to see someone using Heybrooks. They're one of my favourite older stand mount designs and can still sing sweetly today!

I'm David.

Hi Bill, welcome to AOS

I'm Andy.

Welcome Bill- beautiful part of the world you live in there.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread