+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RFC Reference Neptune and Pluto IC's

synsei Guest

Default RFC Reference Neptune and Pluto IC's

Don't take my word for it, beg, steal or borrow a pair of either model from somewhere and listen for yourself, you won't be disappointed...

I'm Robin.

I've had the Venus for a couple of weeks now and I'm not disappointed
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Don't take my word for it, beg, steal or borrow a pair of either model from somewhere and listen for yourself, you won't be disappointed...

Well we need to know more Dave,
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post

Well we need to know more Dave,
    I'm not about to feed the 'cables all sound the same' brigade Andy as they love threads such as this, I will only say this: Installing the Pluto's between my DAC and pre (a set of Neptunes have been delivering sterling service between my pre/power amps for some time) had the effect I expected last time they were here. For a more in depth explanation of that comment see here. (post #723). And finally, my system has never sounded as transparent as it does just now and that has got to be a good thing

I'm Brian.

I'm andrew.

A happy Pluto user here between dac and pre and Mercurys between power and pre
    Also got a BTE passive ordered to see what the fuss is about
    Andy.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post

Cheers Dave, l will PM you my address and l borrow a pair from you.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by roob View Post
    A happy Pluto user here between dac and pre and Mercurys between power and pre
    Also got a BTE passive ordered to see what the fuss is about
    +1 I have Pluto's between my Croft pre and power and they are the best sounding IC's I've had in this position
    Always a little further

I'm Phil.

I use a Neptune [100 quid ] cable between 20 grands worth of amps and it does not disgrace itself!!!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread