+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ortofon 2M blue querie

I'm Steve.

Default Ortofon 2M blue querie

Is anyone out there using an Ortofon 2M blue MM? I have one on one of my vintage TT's and i am finding it a bit lean in the bass. Is anyone else finding it similar.

I'm Paul.

Hi Steve

it shouldn't be that lean in the bass unless capacitance loading doesn't suit it. What length are your phono cables from the TT (and what are they) and do you have any information on phonostage capacitative loading at all? One thing characterising the 2M range is a balanced tonality which ever greater refinement and improved tracking as you move up the range to the 2M Black.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    Hi Steve

it shouldn't be that lean in the bass unless capacitance loading doesn't suit it. What length are your phono cables from the TT (and what are they) and do you have any information on phonostage capacitative loading at all? One thing characterising the 2M range is a balanced tonality which ever greater refinement and improved tracking as you move up the range to the 2M Black.
    Yep ! true - Spend some time trying subtle vta adjusts as that might help too.

I'm Steve.

Thanks chaps. I will check the loading on my phono stage too.

+ Reply to Thread