+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The best XLR plugs

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Where do you get the Yeager connectors Marco?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm paul.

Sorry for any confusion Paul I was referring to the guys who recommended the Furutech and BAXLR plugs I always think of you as the man with the speaker skills
    cheers Paul
    Truth is always new, totally unknown, and unknowable. The mind must come to it without any demand, without any knowledge,without any wish; it must be empty, completely naked. Then only truth may happen. But you cannot invite it.
    JK Hamburg 1956,Talk 4

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Indeed. I'd have to say, Paul, that I never viewed your preference of XLR plug as an attempt to push any product. It was simply your opinion, of which you're entitled to. I also respect your professional experience on the matter.

As you say, you don't sell XLR plugs on their own, so how anyone could view your comments as a sales promotion mystifies me - almost as much as Martyn's rather bizarre 'strop'

Basically, all opinions here are welcome, unless they have a blatant agenda, commercial or otherwise.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by loo View Post
    Sorry for any confusion Paul I was referring to the guys who recommended the Furutech and BAXLR plugs I always think of you as the man with the speaker skills
    cheers Paul
    No worries Paul and my apologies for any over-reaction but understandably I don't wish to get tarred with any brushes. Sorry again, I shouldn't have had such a blunt go. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Where do you get the Yeager connectors Marco?
    Hi Ali,

From Paul Hynes, dude. Dunno where he gets them from, but I'm sure he'd tell you. They're ace, though! Definite 'no-nonsense' high-quality connectors. They come fitted as stock with his DCSXL pure-silver DC leads

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed. I'd have to say, Paul, that I never viewed your preference of XLR plug as an attempt to push any product. It was simply your opinion, of which you're entitled to. I also respect your professional experience on the matter.

As you say, you don't sell XLR plugs on their own, so how anyone could view your comments as a sales promotion mystifies me - almost as much as Martyn's rather bizarre 'strop'

Basically, all opinions here are welcome, unless they have a blatant agenda, commercial or otherwise.

Marco.
    Again, my apologies for the over-reaction Marco and to everyone else. Not like me at all to do that. It's just the thread doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense if opinions are being called for and the opinions of a few are being dammed because they favour something more exotic and not perhaps for the reasons assumed. I understand and accept fully just why some might draw the conclusions they have. Its possibly the first time I've admitted that I like the blinginess of a connector and that's possibly the most embarrassing admission of all

Ali,

Paul mentions the Yaeger connectors here in the trade room: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...Power-Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hynes View Post
    All products are custom built to order.

DC7CXL fine silver DC lead £082 (with silver plated XLR typically 3 milliohm)
    DC7CXL fine silver DC lead £112 (with XL low impedance connector > 1 milliohm)

All DC lead prices are for 1 metre lengths.
    As you can see, he has measured the impedance of the connectors in milliohms, and the Yaeger (XL low impedance connector) measures much lower, in that respect, to the XLR (Neutrik) plugs he offers, yet he only charges £30 more for his DC cable fitted with Yaeger connectors.

Clearly these professional connectors are not subject to 'inventive audiophile pricing', and so offer very high SPPV. The Yaeger certainly smoked both the Neutrik and Furutech XLR plugs, which I tried, on sonic terms (perhaps because of its lower impedance) - and you ought to feel how solid a connection it makes!

The Yaeger really inspires confidence in use, and that together with its sonic prowess, made it a no-brainer choice for me

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martyn.

It's not those here I want to 'save' from themselves. It is those in the wider audio community, being conned by sellers with no moral scruples.

Yes, most agree with me. Somehow we need to ' get the message out .' Martyn .

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    Again, my apologies for the over-reaction Marco and to everyone else. Not like me at all to do that. It's just the thread doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense if opinions are being called for and the opinions of a few are being dammed because they favour something more exotic and not perhaps for the reasons assumed. I understand and accept fully just why some might draw the conclusions they have. Its possibly the first time I've admitted that I like the blinginess of a connector and that's possibly the most embarrassing admission of all
    Don't worry about it, Paul - we're all human!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm ChrisB.

Careful Martyn - morality and legality are two different things. 'Being conned' implies illegality and, so far, there is no law against charging a high price for audio plugs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast