+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I need a little help with springs

I'm Deleted.

With respect Sondek, if your measurements show that you are achieving sub 5Hz isolation from mass loading eight squash balls I suggest you repeat them because there has been an error. As I wrote earlier, you can achieve close to this but you need a more compliant arrangement, a larger ball with a larger air to rubber shell ratio - a racket ball for example (which is basically a large squash ball). They will give you a low Hertz vertical isolation but lateral isolation will still be at a significantly higher frequency depending on how they are mounted/used.

Sorry if not sharing my experience sufficiently boys - I didn't realise it was an obligation! Anyway, you do/believe whatever you like, arguing the toss over this is of no interest and my participation has concluded. This isn't a 'black art' anfd there is plenty of research that has been done in to isolation at low frequencies (if one wants to learn about it).
    Account Deleted

I'm Andr'e.

What exactly is the point in even mentioning you have done this that & the other when you choose to keep things top secret! not that im inetrested, but other maybe. Incase you forgot Rexon was looking at solutions to limit vibration into my Garrard 301 plinth.

I'm Richard.

I think YNWaN might be contemplating producing a commercial product one day, and may wish his experiments to remain a trade secret, so it's fair enough. For my part, I was just kidding, and put forward my suggestions because they are easy and cheap to implement, and seem to work very well indeed, and are in use here on a daily basis. Whether they are technically inferior, and whether that matters, seem to me to be open questions.
    Richard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234