+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jelco tonearm cable

I'm Stephen.

Default Jelco tonearm cable

What is the consensus view on the SQ of this cable?
    This is the one I have with my Jelco 750 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JELCO-TONE...item27d1198642

I have to say I have no complaints and seem to remember reading somewhere it was well thought of at the price point.
    As it's about the only item I have not replaced I thought I would ask the panel

If folk felt it was not up to much I'd be interested in recommendations that would gel with my Dynavector 20 X2 / Dynavector SUP-200 SUT
    Always a little further

I'm Alan.

I use the same cable as the one you posted and its excellent I think, mine is a very good quality Mogami cable actually so I think it would be hard to better

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    I use the same cable as the one you posted and its excellent I think, mine is a very good quality Mogami cable actually so I think it would be hard to better

Alan
    I could not disagree more with that! I bought one of those with a Jelco SA-750D and was puzzled why the sound was so dull and uninspiring. Replacing it with a cable from Audio Origami that cost pretty much the same amount solved the problem.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Agreed. I'm using one at the moment, but had a loan of a Yannis for a couple of weeks. Frankly I'd save up for a Yannis cable, it's so much better it's hard to believe the improvement IMHO.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Agreed. Frankly I'd save up for a Yannis cable,
    Who he?
    Always a little further

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    Who he?
    Yannis Tome - Top bloke, awesome cables. Start here:
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-tonearm-cable

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Yannis Tome - Top bloke, awesome cables. Start here:
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-tonearm-cable
    Ah ha! many thanks.

Sent messages to J7 and Yannis
    Always a little further

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    What is the consensus view on the SQ of this cable?
    This is the one I have with my Jelco 750 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JELCO-TONE...item27d1198642

I have to say I have no complaints and seem to remember reading somewhere it was well thought of at the price point.
    As it's about the only item I have not replaced I thought I would ask the panel

If folk felt it was not up to much I'd be interested in recommendations that would gel with my Dynavector 20 X2 / Dynavector SUP-200 SUT
    hi despite what others say the cable you highlighted is very good, of course paying more gets you a better performance, don't be blinkered by the "AOS yannis fan club" as yes the cables are very good indeed but there are cables just as good or better IMHO, I am using one right now, and it's not even a brand I sell! Its made by Dominic at NWA and it's staying on my Techie for certain.

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    hi despite what others say the cable you highlighted is very good, of course paying more gets you a better performance, don't be blinkered by the "AOS yannis fan club" as yes the cables are very good indeed but there are cables just as good or better IMHO, I am using one right now, and it's not even a brand I sell! Its made by Dominic at NWA and it's staying on my Techie for certain.
    Many thanks for this balancing post - much appreciated. Just when you think you have got it cracked ....

Consensus and HiFi seem mutually exclusive
    Always a little further

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    Hi Dave, I dont believe the 'fan club' will cause him to be blinkered. There is a fan club simply because his cables are very good indeed in mine and others experience. Certainly wouldnt knock other cables or say that Yannis's are the only good cables out there. We're just expressing Yannis as a recommendation based on being very pleased indeed with his. Obviously you get what you pay for and his are quality for sure. I guess it depends on how much the op wants to spend and how fussy he is about which rca's etc. Yannis offers a variety of cables, not just the 'exotic' and will have one to suit price points I'm sure. The fact he's a top bloke also helps. Like yourself, he's very helpful and offers a great service which just makes the experience even better

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast