+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi all

I'm Peter.

Default Hi all

Hi there.
    I've been meaning to join for a long time after finding a lot of useful information here in the past
    My current system
    Xbox for DVD playback and streaming. Tivo, Marantz KI 6000 CD player for more serious listening
    Sugden A21SE and Topping TA60 amplifiers which are currently bi-amping a pair of
    Celestion A3

Other speakers in my collection include Tannoy 15" dual concentrics, Yamaha NS1000, Ditton 44 and 66, and a few others

I'm ChrisB.

Hi Peter, Welcome to AoS
    What sort of music do you like?

I'm ILOB.

Hi Peter
    You have a few classic speakers in your collection.....which is your favourite
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Hi Peter, Welcome to AoS
    What sort of music do you like?
    Hi there, and thank you for your welcome

I Guess I lean towards rock and pop mainly. I like to keep up with current music trends to a certain degree, but still enjoy a lot of the older classics.

A small selection of my favourite artists at the moment would include, in no particular order:

Sub Focus
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    Avicii
    Deadmau5
    U2
    Gotye
    AWOLNATION
    Bloc Party
    77's
    Divine Comedy
    Linkin Park

I currently have three lodgers, all in their late teens - early 20's, and I get to hear a lot of their music. Consequently I listen to and enjoy a large number of artists that I might not otherwise have discovered.
    In return I have been able to help and advise them on putting together decent starter systems of their own

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hi Peter
    You have a few classic speakers in your collection.....which is your favourite
    Hi John

Well I am particularly partial to the Tannoy 15" Dual's to be honest. However I know I have yet to hear them at their best as they are currently stuck in some tiny stage monitor cabs, leftovers from my time on the road (they're from the Wildcat professional range).
    I also found that some TDL RTL3's worked extremely well in my room, and I especially liked the deep bass they produced, even at low volumes.
    Other than that I have had a hard time making up my mind between them all. However, I have spent a lot of time recently treating the acoustics of my room, and adding some mains filtering and conditioning. The improvements have been very worthwhile. I now think I can make some more meaningful comparisons, as I feel the time is coming to cull the collection a little (at last count I had 12 pairs, nearly all floorstanders)

I'm martin.

Howdy and welcome.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

+ Reply to Thread