+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: tested Doms hand made MC new cartridge

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Very interesting, chap-ettes! Would love to hear this baby sometime... Bottom line is, how much spondooliks?

Marco.
    Myself and Mr Achtman have both purchased our cartridges and this is not a sales thread chief so I expect Dom to pop along shortly to announce the details.

It should be in strokes of genius, not only because it is a special product (IMO) but also praise has to go to any person brave enough to build a cartridge in the UK
    for commercial sale, hats off to Mr Harper I say and no I will not be selling Doms cartridge so have no commercial interest in it.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    Myself and Mr Achtman have both purchased our cartridges and this is not a sales thread chief so I expect Dom to pop along shortly to announce the details.

It should be in strokes of genius, not only because it is a special product (IMO) but also praise has to go to any person brave enough to build a cartridge in the UK
    for commercial sale, hats off to Mr Harper I say and no I will not be selling Doms cartridge so have no commercial interest in it.
    I totally agree with your above sentiments, in reference to Dom!

However, every thread is potentially a sales thread, if someone expresses an interest in buying a product being discussed. So how much did you pay for your Dom Harper cartridge (and the same question is directed at Mark)?

I need to know that information before I can gauge whether or not I would have any interest in buying one, and I expect others reading would feel the same way. At the end of the day, it matters not one jot how 'wonderful' something is if you can't afford to own it!

So stop fannying about, daftee, and spit out the price......

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Deleted.

I guess they were bought at some kind of pre-production price and Dom has yet to set the final cost...?
    Account Deleted

Then I would ask that that fact is made clear to all potential buyers.

One thing I find extremely annoying/frustrating is products being recommended on forums, and when someone asks the price, one is met with a wall of silence and/or a vague or cagey response from the user, which succeeds only in leaving one none the wiser

As far as I'm concerned, if you're going to report on how good a cartridge (or anything else is), then have an answer ready to give when someone asks the price, or don't mention the product until you do know.

Does Dom's cartridge cost £500 or £5000, or somewhere in between? Until potential buyers know the answer to that, it's pretty much immaterial to them how good it is to someone else who owns it.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Richard.

Default Who is Dom

I realise he is a cartridge guy, I remember posts about him mending cartridges, and I am sure I posted asking whether he could retip an MM like the U205, but I'm blessed if I can remember what his proper forum name is

The key to his username is in the name of his new cartridge, dude!

However, the name of his company is NorthWest Analogue (NWA) - you were even the last one to post on this thread: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...hwest+analogue

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Deleted.

Marco, I don't disagree.
    Account Deleted

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The key to his username is in the name of his new cartridge, dude!

However, the name of his company is NorthWest Analogue (NWA) - you were even the last one to post on this thread: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...hwest+analogue

Marco.
    Ta Muchly. It's the tax return season and everything is addled!

I'm Dominic.

Just reading with interest. Thank you for the kind words about the cartridge from those that have either purchased or had a chance to hear in full flight.
    Price is £5000 for the version being built at present.

I'm Justin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast