+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sinclair 'Neoteric 60' amplifier

I'm John.

Default Sinclair 'Neoteric 60' amplifier

Hi There I'm rather new to this, I do have a reasonable Hi Fi set up and enjoy the music.

But I have inherited a Sinclair 'Neoteric 60' amplifier and noticed that in your forum this device did create some correspondence a few years ago.

Could anybody guide me on value etc etc.

JJ

judge.jeffery@btopenworld.com

I'm Geoff.

Hi John. You are lucky to get your hands on a Neoteric 60, it was a rarely seen amplifier even when it was being made back in the early seventies, probably due to costing the equivalent of two weeks wages for the average bloke. The design was extremely advanced for its time and claimed to exceed the spec of just about all others back then. The amp is a proper collectors item now and may well be worth a quid or two, it's really just too scarce to put a value on. I have the full details in my 1971 G.W.Smith catalogue and could scan it for you if you are interested.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

synsei Guest

Iain Sinclair, brother of Sir Clive, was the designer of the Neoteric 60 (1967) and also of the Tangent Lupus Princeps/Servus pre/pwr amp combo from the early 1980's...

Last edited by synsei; 17-01-2014 at 01:22.

+ Reply to Thread