Thread: Record Weight on a Techie

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    The NSA probably borrowed and bugged it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I do feel like it is watching me...

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

My Bruil weight arrived from Amsterdam today less than a week since ordering
    I do think it improves things with the bass being more tuneful and a more solid and focused presentation. Certainly better than the clever clamp and my eBay home made weight. The only annoyance is that due to its height I can't close the TT lid which is a slight issue as I have a coal fire in the listening room and this time of year it gets a tad dusty. Still can't have everything
    I get the coal fire thing, Steve, as we've got one (although not where the system is), but you'll find that your turntable sounds much better playing music with the lid off, otherwise the lid adds serious resonance and 'sings along with the music', making things sound pants... Dunno how you can listen with the lid on, dude?

Anyway, during playback, I'd lose the lid and simply pop it back on when you've finished, unless your dust problem really is major, in which case you should probably think about relocating your T/T and/or system, as over an extended period of time, that level of dust will be doing some real harm to your kit.

Anyway, glad that the Bruil is hitting the spot. I find that it reduces distortion, increases focus and adds weight and authority to the sound. Your FF platter and mat are looking good! Did you get a chance to try the earth thing we discussed?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Anyway, during playback, I'd lose the lid and simply pop it back on when you've finished, unless your dust problem really is major, in which case you should probably think about relocating your T/T and/or system, as over an extended period of time, that level of dust will be doing some real harm to your kit.

Anyway, glad that the Bruil is hitting the spot. I find that it reduces distortion, increases focus and adds weight and authority to the sound. Your FF platter and mat are looking good! Did you get a chance to try the earth thing we discussed?

Marco.
    Yes there is no doubt it sounds better with lid open.
    Not played with the SUT earth as yet - finished week on-call so felt obliged to commune with the grape on Saturday
    Always a little further

I'm Kevin.

I have just received my Revolver Pig 2 (awesome name!) and first impressions are that it has made a subtle difference, tightening everything up slightly.
    The deck is just as musical, and I don't find it over damped with my RB251. It weighs in at 450g and it also allows me to shut the lid on my techie, even when playing (for headphone use).
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Andy.

Yes there is no doubt it sounds better with lid open.
    Not played with the SUT earth as yet - finished week on-call so felt obliged to commune with the grape on Saturday

System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I have just received my Revolver Pig 2 (awesome name!) and first impressions are that it has made a subtle difference, tightening everything up slightly.
    The deck is just as musical, and I don't find it over damped with my RB251. It weighs in at 450g and it also allows me to shut the lid on my techie, even when playing (for headphone use).
    I lied. It touches, but only very slightly and only the heavier pressings, so the lid is coming off whenever I listen to music.
    Kevin

I'm Rahul.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Where did you buy the revolver pig 2 from ? And do you think it is a better buy over the Nagaoka/Audio Technica/Project record clamps?

I'm Kevin.

I got it cheap from eBay.
    I have no idea if it is better than a different weight, as it's the only one I have ever used.
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789