+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interconnect Soldering Help Required, Please.

I'm Confused.

Smile Interconnect Soldering Help Required, Please.

Hi All,
    I have a 0.75m Single Crystal OFC Audiophile Interconnect cable AF01 in need of some maintenance which is beyond me. The centre wire on one of the twist-lock RCA connectors (Cardas high content silver soldered, according to their 'spiel') has become detached where it was soldered to the centre pin. Can anyone rescue this for me? I would obviously be willing to pay 1st class Recorded Delivery both ways, plus covering all costs involved (silver is expensive, as is artisan labour )
    I shall be attending the DIY Meet at Eggborough on Saturday and could bring it with me if anyone attending has plans to bring their soldering kit - it is a DIY Meet after all and it occurred to me that coming prepared to make minor running repairs might not be a bad idea
    Would any potential offerers of help PM me before Saturday morning departure time, please.
    Thanks in anticipation of the useful helpful response that is the norm for this forum.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm ChrisB.

Dave,

If none of the Eggborough folk can help you on the day, I'll be happy to sort it for you, by way of our friends at Royal Mail!

I've a feeling that your hunch about running repairs is a good 'un though!!
    Cheers

Somebody at Eggborough will sort it for you. Maybe me.
    i doubt if you'll hear any difference between a blob of Cardas solder and Maplins finest.
    Bring it along.

I'm Confused.

Thumbs up

Thanks to Chris and alb for your kind responses.
    Unless fate intervenes I will be at Eggborough alb, but if fate does intervene, you will get a parcel shortly afterwards Chris.
    Thanks again both, and
    DaveK.

My System:
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Dave,

If in the unlikely event you have no success at Eggborough, I'll do it for you. I have some silver solder, though I agree with alb, you won't notice the difference if tin/lead solder is used instead.

Regards
    Barry

I'm Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post
    Dave,

If in the unlikely event you have no success at Eggborough, I'll do it for you. I have some silver solder, though I agree with alb, you won't notice the difference if tin/lead solder is used instead.

Regards
    Barry
    Thanks Barry
    DaveK.

My System:

+ Reply to Thread