+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Silver Interconnects

I'm Lee.

Default Silver Interconnects

I came across some interconnects on Ebay a long time ago. They were handmade by a seller going by the name of johnandchris. I read some very good things about them elsewhere on the internet.

Since then I'd been unable to find them; thought maybe they'd packed up. It turned out that the sellers name is johnandchris1.

click

Has anyone here used them at all?

I also found similar cables by a seller known as dogsplodge.

Click

These look like very nice cables too.

Again, any user knowledge or experience with these?

Cheers

I'm Confused.

Smile

Hi Webby (from sunny Sheffield),
    I am no audiophile, as other members of this forum will testfy, but I have purchased a couple of silver interconnects from johnandchris1 on eBay. Having only 'bog standard' interconnects to compare the with it's diificult for me to advise you. All I can say is that I was recommended to try them by a much more knowledgable guy from whom I bought an amp - I collected it and his tiny room was filled with speakers and other paraphenalia, all coupled up and all working - several systems in the same room I guess. Maybe his room wasn't so small, just no room due to the hi-fi kit in there !! .
    However I can confirm the following about dealing with johnandchris1: -
    1) I have exchanged several e-mails with John since my purchase and he is a most helpful and informative guy - something along the lines of Marco on AoS
    2) John offers a 'no questions' refund policy if you do not get the improvement you are looking for - he told me that he has sold over 500 of his interconnects and not had ANY returned.
    My experience is that you have nothing to lose (except,maybe, a quid or two on return postage), and you may gain a lot, even if it is only a better understanding of what silver interconnects can or cannot offer - go for it and give them a try - unless you have some really exotic interconnects at the moment they will not make things sound any worse.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave&Sue View Post
    Hi Webby (from sunny Sheffield),
    I am no audiophile
    That's what I like about you Dave

Dave, what you didn't say, but I'll make the assumption, is that the johnandchris cable is better than the bog standard one.

Yes?

I'm Confused.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Dave, what you didn't say, but I'll make the assumption, is that the johnandchris cable is better than the bog standard one.

Yes?
    Hi Webby,
    I did state that johnandchris1 had not had one returned from over 500 sold - that would not have been the case if I did not find mine better than the bog standard ones, you can rest assured, so your assumption is correct !!
    DaveK.

My System:
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Lee.

*cough

Ahem, oh yeah. Of Course

I'm Confused.

Smile

Hi Webby
    I should get that nasty cough seen to if I was you - it might be a sign of something more sinister
    DaveK.

My System:

+ Reply to Thread