+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul Hynes Audio Ltd

I'm Paul.

Thanks Andy,

Ok, I have something interesting planned for the 1210. No timescale yet as I am very busy at present and no clues either or Mr Copycat will probably do it before me. I have to get the head amp and it’s matching MM Phono Stage ready first. I am hoping to have the PCBs back from the manufacturer by the end of Feb. I should have all the materials for making the head amp and phono stage by then too, so mid March is a reasonable estimate for the head amp. If you want to try the MM phono stage as well that will probably be a couple of weeks later.

Damn, this Lagavulin is good, hic! Hmm, not a lot left. Wonder if they will send me a complementary bottle if I keep plugging it.

Good night.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul Hynes Design
    paulhynesdesign.com
    High Performance Power Supply upgrades
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16655

MartinT Guest

Remember the enhanced temperature controlled crystal circuit that you're going to design for the 1210 (!) was my idea.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hynes View Post
    Thanks Andy,

Ok, I have something interesting planned for the 1210. No timescale yet as I am very busy at present and no clues either or Mr Copycat will probably do it before me. I have to get the head amp and it’s matching MM Phono Stage ready first. I am hoping to have the PCBs back from the manufacturer by the end of Feb. I should have all the materials for making the head amp and phono stage by then too, so mid March is a reasonable estimate for the head amp. If you want to try the MM phono stage as well that will probably be a couple of weeks later.

Damn, this Lagavulin is good, hic! Hmm, not a lot left. Wonder if they will send me a complementary bottle if I keep plugging it.

Good night.

Regards
    Paul
    Brilliant! I remember you telling me about this sometime ago! I wonder who Mr. Copycat could be??
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Paul.

Martin, if I use your idea I will give you recognition, a royalty and a bottle of Lagavulin. Woops, that just slipped out.

Andy, I still have some circuit testing to do before production engineering the item I told you about sometime ago. Until release it is top secret. Trust no one. Tell no one. Print out my original PM, shred it, eat it and then delete it from your computer.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul Hynes Design
    paulhynesdesign.com

I'm Andrew.

Paul,

No worries, if you need a test deck I'm happy to loan mine. Might be interesting to see how your new top secret project works with the tripple regs.

I think the 1210 has missed his holidays upto Scotland!

Andy
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hynes View Post
    Martin, if I use your idea I will give you recognition, a royalty and a bottle of Lagavulin. Woops, that just slipped out.
    Let's not wait until it's done. Just hand over the Lagavulin now

I'm Paul.

Default SR3 Power Supply Reviews.

I have had a number of people asking if there are any reviews of the SR3 to help them get an idea of the performance of the SR3 as a power supply upgrade. Aside from numerous mentions on many of the HiFi forums there have been several reviews on Internet magazines. The links are :-

A very recent review of the latest SR3 (now manufactured by Paul Hynes Audio Ltd) in HiFi Pig by Danny Worth

http://hifipig.com/paul-hynes-sr3-power-supply/

A review of the earlier version Paul Hynes Design SR3 compared to the BPT battery power supply in Positive Feedback online – issue 45 by Dave Clark :-

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue45/bpt.htm
    Paul Hynes Design
    paulhynesdesign.com

I'm Paul.

Default The SR5 and SR7 high performance power supplies

The SR5 and SR7 high performance power supplies are now available from Paul Hynes Audio Ltd.

The SR5 can be supplied with the following continuous power ratings :-

5v @ 6A, 6v @ 6A, 9v @ 6A, 12v @ 6A, 15v @ 6A, 18v @ 5A, 21v @ 4.5A, 27v @ 3.8A, 30v @ 3.3A.

The SR5 can power a wide variety of equipment including DACs, Streamers like the Squeezebox range, the Mac Mini, single voltage DC input audio server low power motherboards, Raspberry Pi audio servers, USB cards, as a power source for the Pico ATX voltage converter in low power audio servers.

For a review of the SR5 powering the Mac Mini and also an SR5 powering a Squeezebox Touch see :- http://hifipig.com/paul-hynes-ph5-po...ly/#more-15703

The SR5 costs £600 and the DC5C annealed copper DC lead costs £75. The DC5FS annealed fine silver DC lead costs £145.

The SR7 can be supplied with the following continuous power ratings :-

5v @ 12A, 6v @ 12A, 9v @ 12A, 12v @ 11A, 15v @ 9A, 18v @ 8A, 21v @ 7A, 27v @ 6A, 30v @ 5A.

The SR7 can power a wide variety of equipment including DACs, Streamers like the Squeezebox range, the Mac Mini, single voltage DC input audio server higher power motherboards, Raspberry Pi audio servers, USB cards, as a power source for Pico ATX voltage converters providing power for higher power audio servers.

The SR7 costs £750 and the DC7C annealed copper DC lead costs £100. The DC7FS annealed fine silver DC lead costs £229.

Other DC output voltages can be catered for on request.

These power supplies are shipped via parcel carriers and the cost will vary depending on the destination. We can quote for shipping if you include the destination with your initial enquiry.

Contact details are :-

For orders contact David Webb
    e-mail sales@paulhynesaudio.com
    Telephone 01953 883840

For product technical advice contact Paul Hynes
    e-mail Info@paulhynesaudio.com

The business address for the manufacturing facility is

Paul Hynes Audio Ltd,
    Unit 10 Linmore Court,
    Threxton Road Industrial Estate,
    Watton,
    Norfolk,