+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Urgent headphone help!!

I'm Steve.

Default Urgent headphone help!!

Folks,

I've suddenly been gripped by the need to get a new pair of headphones after my Sennheisers got eaten by the dog.

Have spotted a good pair of Sen 600, 650 and AKG 701 on eBay, but the ones that have really got my attention are a pair of Stax SRD-7SB

They are apparantly in fully working order, just need one replacement foam.

Good idea in very bad move?
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I felt that sennheisers got more bland as they went on and found the 600's I had for a short while were boring as heck. A relative uses some for his compositions' mastering and I find his productions aways too OTT, as if he's over-egging the pudding to make up for the 600's laziness...

The AKG's seem good I've heard and I've always had a soft sopt for Stax "anything.." be prepared to pay boutique prices for any spares though.......
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm ChrisB.

If you really want to listen into the mix of what you're playing, some of the better Grados are great.

I use the 325's when I want to know how a recording is built up, or if I want to be right there in the sound-hole of an acoustic guitar for example!

+ Reply to Thread