+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven's system

I'm Steven.

Default Steven's system

My first system post.

Scans of 35mm negatives going back 30 years revealed historic evidence of ownership of Pioneer PL112D and Technics SL7 turntables, Epos and JR 149 speakers. Had a Primare system for 15 years with some lovely Dynaudio Contour 1.1's, but no photographic evidence remains. More recently, I had a picture of a full Linn digital-only system, but I thought if I posted that I would be banned from the forum.

My wife did me a favour by saying I either keep her or my Linn 140 speakers, so out they went and in came a pair of PMC Fact.8's. The obvious amp choice was a Bryston 4BSST. An AVA Media Zara Premium then found its way in and the first signs of audiophilia are shown by the inclusion of an Isotek Aquarius conditioner. The Clearaudio deck was the first stage of my return to vinyl.

The audio disease then took a grip and in came a Claro deck with a 12" OL Illustrious arm with the cable upgrade internal and external. Carries a Dynavector XX2 Mk2. A second arm with a cheaper cartridge is on its way.

Isotek swapped out for a PS Audio P3 regenerator/conditioner.

My audioitis confirmed with an Art Audio Jota, almost new second hand, that Tom Willis modified to three sets of RCA inputs and remote for the volume control - so it is now a fully integrated couch potato version. Power switch also moved to the side.

Phonostage is the TQ Iridium and cables evolved into TQ Ultra Black and Kharma reference interconnects, TQ Ultra Black speaker cables, MCRU 92 power lines for amp and P3 and other power lines elsewhere, Meicord CAT6 and a MCRU power supply for the Ava unit.

After 9 hours in steerage from Delhi overnight I could think of little else to do that go and collect a new HiFi Racks that was on order, take the whole system apart and put it back in the wife-designated space that is rather smaller than that given to her shoe collection.

Completed:

View from the hot seat:
    Last edited by SLS; 05-01-2014 at 17:19.

I'm paul.

Wow lovely system you have there Steven
    nice room as well
    cheers Paul
    Truth is always new, totally unknown, and unknowable. The mind must come to it without any demand, without any knowledge,without any wish; it must be empty, completely naked. Then only truth may happen. But you cannot invite it.
    JK Hamburg 1956,Talk 4

I'm John.

That is indeed a beautiful system Steven! Enjoy!
    Cheers
    J.

I'm ILOB.

Nice looking system Steve thanks for sharing
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Steven,

Welcome to AoS!

Nice pics of your system, but could you do me a favour and, instead of simply posting links to Imageshack, where the pictures have been hosted, use the 'Forum Code' link instead, supplied in the box after you have uploaded the images, which instead embeds them on the forum and loads them instantly for viewing, rather than anyone having to click on links.

You will also have to choose the resizing option, shown 'for message boards', which will make the images fit a normal computer screen, as at the moment they are WAY too big to view easily.

If you're unsure how to do this, just ask! Cheers

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steven.

Do I have to resize before I upload to Imageschack or does Imageschack have a resizing option? Read you guide, thought I understood it, obviously not.
    Regards

Hi Steven,

Once you've logged into your Imageshack account, you'll be faced with the Upload page. Hit the 'Browse' button, giving you access to the images stored on your computer, and select the image you want to upload.

Click on that image, and then click on the 'Open' tab, and the file code will appear on the Upload box. Below that, you will see and option, allowing you to resize the image, where a drop-down menu is available, featuring various resizing options.

Scroll down and select the option marked '640x480 (for message boards)'. Select 'No' on the label thumb option, and then click on the 'Upload Now' button.

Once the image has successfully uploaded, a green tick will appear next to the uploaded file code, and to the right of that, you'll see the option 'Continue to the image links'. Click on that (sometimes you may have to do it twice to get it to work).

Scroll down the page a little and you will see a box, containing various link options. Select the option marked 'Forum Code'. Click on it, so that it is highlighted, and copy all of the code (by right-clicking on your mouse and dragging the cursor along).

Then simply paste what you've copied (ensuring that you've captured all of the code correctly) onto the posting box on the forum, hit 'Submit Reply' and your image will appear automatically on your post - simples!

For neatness, you can remove the "Uploaded with ImageShack.us" bit, before hitting the 'Submit Reply' button, on the posting box, which will ensure that your image appears without any unnecessary writing underneath it.

Have a go and see how you get on! If you get stuck, just give me a shout

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steven.

Thanks Marco, have come out on the small side.

I'm Steven.

Thanks - methinks is crying out for a nice pair of horn speakers.

Very pleased with the way the room worked out given it is a family room. Had a table tennis table in it 2 years ago, Lego, Scalextrix etc.
    The blinds by Luxaflex work very well, double membrane with tilting vanes in-between, remote controlled. Damp large glass windows behind and can tilt to view garden during the day. When wife presses the UP' button sound quality goes down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by SLS View Post
    Thanks Marco, have come out on the small side.
    Lol - not sure what happened there! When I get a chance I'll redo them for you properly

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast