Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NVA AP10P - system 3 now up and running

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    All good suggestions and couldn't agree more. Trouble is that this is Sharon's domain - it was like pulling teeth to be able to place them atop the sideboard (nowhere else in the room) and zero chance of introducing equipment supports or new rack.

Now the SQ from this little system is really very good despite earlier comments - I just know it could be better by doing just the things you suggest.
    You may get away with just using Sorbothane feet under each component and they wouldn't spoil the aesthetic of the room either as they would be hardly noticeable. I really do feel that this would go a long way to solving the minor issues you mention...

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I was only going to add that at lower volumes, the slight 'muddle' or whatever may well dissipate. Mind you, the BM's (Monitor Audios?) were hardly really clear or refined, were they?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    You may get away with just using Sorbothane feet under each component and they wouldn't spoil the aesthetic of the room either as they would be hardly noticeable. I really do feel that this would go a long way to solving the minor issues you mention...
    Good point - I've got some sorbothane domes doing nothing so will put them to work as you suggest.
    Always a little further

I'm Stephen.

Sorbothane feet - pish!
    I have just put in a new floor. Simples!
    All previous niggles and gripes gone - sounding mighty fine now!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    Sorbothane feet - pish!
    I have just put in a new floor. Simples!
    All previous niggles and gripes gone - sounding mighty fine now!

Well why not just put a new floor in, those Sorbothane domes are sooo expensive...

Seriously though, well done you. Glad it's all worked out for ya...

I'm Stephen.

Thanks - sometimes drastic problems require drastic solutions! Just goes to show the fundamental effect the listening room structure has on SQ though

Always a little further

I'm Neil.

There is a certain magic with the lower powered solid state amps compared to their 'beefy' brethren. Sounds like a great 'system 3'!
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12