+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Paradise Phonostage - REVIEW

I'm ILOB.

I hope it brings the attack you crave. For me this would be essential
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Andrew.

Well lets hope so. This new version which I'm getting varies from the one Simon let me borrow and he already seems to think that he might have to update his (the one I reviewed). Additionally I will be reviewing the new 4 box version with the P10 connected so i'm hoping for further gains from the P10 and the new tweaks Simon has built in.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

4 box version now arrived I've been told to get 200hours into the system before it beds down. I've managed about 2 today!! First impressions are very very good. There is NO surface noise of well looked after vinyl. This new 4 box version has been optimised for my carts (Denon 103/Ortofon Cadenza black) the other 3 box version I trialled wasn't so didn't perform optimally. I also have a beefier power supply, thicker cabling, and no IEC's to worry about. It's probably going to be several weeks before I update this thread again. So, I guess I better just listen to some vinyl and get the thing bedded in, life is hard!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

I never did write up or compare the 4 box version of the paradise to my Sugen + SUT setup. I'm hoping to get some more upgrades installed into my paradise over the next few weeks/months thanks to Simon of this Forum. I wonder how my new 4 box version compares to my current setup and how the upgraded paradise compares to my current phonostage. I'm hoping the paradise will outperform the sugden + sut setup and give me a new reference phonostage
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

We'll Simon has purloined my paradise for a while and will be upgrading the beast, we have some Calvin buffers, new op-amps, some new transformers going in and hopefully better cartridge matching. I've been promising a review of the four box version and it will be forthcoming when the newer paradise returns. Let's hope it can trash the sugden!!!!
    Last edited by Wakefield Turntables; 19-08-2014 at 12:34.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Martin.

If it doesn't the Sugden must be something really special since the Paradise we heard at NEBO (with a mere 2 boxes) was truly awesome.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

Don't forget Martin I put the paradise up against the sugden+sut I think that's why it edged it.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Steve.

Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If it doesn't the Sugden must be something really special since the Paradise we heard at NEBO (with a mere 2 boxes) was truly awesome.

I'm Andrew.

Did you hear Alan's paradise?
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Martin.

Yes we did.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast