+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kit and cable burn in

I'm Mike.

Default Kit and cable burn in

Just occurred to me there is a way this can be tested.

Needs a lot of kit and some diligent record keeping

Take 2 (or more ?) of the brand new item to be tested, identical age, batch etc.
    Use a stable system that will have no other items changed
    Use the first for a fixed amount of time to be agreed in advance.
    After the time has passed take a second brand new one and compare it to the first that has run in (or not)
    Put the second away again
    Play the first for another agreed time.
    Bring back the 2nd and compare
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Alan.

Seems a good method if you feel the need.
    My view is if burn in is so subtle it isnt worth the thought.
    Have fun.
    Listen to and enjoy the music

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    Have fun.
    My thought is that is doesn't matter a damn anyway. All that matters is the music, otherwise its all pointless.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanS View Post
    Have fun.
    Was thinking of putting it to bed for others.
    I'm 99% sure of it, from various items of kit.
    It's more music I'm after - no.1
    No.2 is to spread the word so others get more music
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    My thought is that is doesn't matter a damn anyway. All that matters is the music, otherwise its all pointless.
    Music 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
    The kit is the medium to get more of it and more out of it.

Mike

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    All that matters is the music, otherwise its all pointless.
    again agreed Gordon, this is getting to be a habit, I shall have to do something about that
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    again agreed Gordon, this is getting to be a habit, I shall have to do something about that
    Oh dear, we can't have that!!

Have this one on me.... all PCs are a waste of space and mains leads at over £600 per meter make the iPad look very good value indeed

Happy Christmas

I'm Alan.

Although I havent heard burnin in my own system I would be interested if someone could show me it in theirs. How that might happen heaven knows.

I'm Paul.

Don't know about burn-in but I'm pretty burnt out after spending the past few days tweaking the Rhapsody crossovers

I'm Deleted.

I've been auditioning some trial pre-amp boards over the last couple of weeks. In an attempt to level the playing field I spent some considerable time 'burning in' some of the new electronics - it made absolutely zero difference and sounded exactly the same when first plugged in to when 'burnt in'.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast